Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Nothing about this test match has even remotely tempted me to stay up late and watch. On the contrary, it’s quite the sleep aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

NZ guys putting the pedal to the metal now, raining fours and sixes, swinging at everything, total one day mode...English struggling, pitch is a beaut, a complete batsman’s paradise... Root might as well be a bowling machine for all use and impact he’s having...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Strumms wrote: »
    NZ guys putting the pedal to the metal now, raining fours and sixes, swinging at everything, total one day mode...English struggling, pitch is a beaut, a complete batsman’s paradise... Root might as well be a bowling machine for all use and impact he’s having...

England now 80 overs without a wicket. They look a dreadful bowling attack at the moment.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Boult or Southee knock over the English top order with ease considering the way this game is going.

You don’t see many number 8 batsmen with 125* to their name.

VillaMad wrote: »
    England now 80 overs without a wicket. They look a dreadful bowling attack at the moment.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Boult or Southee knock over the English top order with ease considering the way this game is going.

Their bowling attack is a busted flush... They are really struggling for the lack of a real quality out and out pace attack... Broad is almost 35 and again being found out on a flatter pitch... The inexperienced Archer aside it’s all medium pace and a spinner not doing much on a pitch not conducive to spin.. this is so far the 11th highest New Zealand Test match innings...of ALL time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

England close todays play at 55/3.

15 minutes left of play and Rory Burns goes for a mad sweep shot. Dreadful stuff.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

England close todays play at 55/3.

15 minutes left of play and Rory Burns goes for a mad sweep shot. Dreadful stuff.

Idiotic. All the positivity of day one has been completely drained.

I think if there is a ready made replacement for Burns somewhere in the county system his place has to be under threat...

12 tests, averaging 29. 5 scores of 50 or above over 24 innings... about a 20% success rate... technically a very good player. When he gets in he often goes BIG even a double hundred to his name in county cricket , he has the shots, the talent is there but he needs to be a bit smarter with shot selection and the management of his innings.

Watching Sibley’s dismissal, wow. A real touch of a number 11 about the execution of the shot, poor..

I’m looking back at the highlights, Jack Leach was given out caught behind but nothing showed up on hot spot, replay wasn’t conclusive but no obvious contact with the bat but the guy walked...hmmmm

Root averaging 27 in 2019... that shot that cost him his wicket you would have to say that is quite a flattering average that was the shot of a number 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

New Zealand win by an innings & 65. England 197 all out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

New Zealand win by an innings & 65. England 197 all out

Aye quite the pasting in the end considering they looked in the better position at the end of Day 2.

Good start from England tonight... NZ 16-1 after 7 overs.... New Zealand had looked comfortable but a decent Broad out-swinger and a loose shot brings the first wicket.

NZ 173-3. Latham 101*, rain falling now, looks like the end of day 1

Curran, bowling beautifully... consistent line and length deadeye accuracy and then a couple of lethal pure dangerous bouncers, one of which has got him a wicket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

191/5 now NZ, good chance England can bowl them out cheaply if they can keep the focus.

224/5. New Zealand looking pretty comfy now, playing a few more shots.

English fielding hasn’t been good, that’s a really crappy attempt by Curran to take the catch, not easy but jeeez if he dives forward with more purpose and enthusiasm that’s very catchable he seemed to fall at the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

after alec stewart's comments, hope NZ demolish eng. he was so condescending and scathing of them. athers is a great commentator. himself, nas and gower would be great barristers - very articulate.

as as aside, gower back in the day was on his way to trinity but went to leicester instead as a young man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

England 2 down already, 39 runs on the board. Black Caps made 375.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

David Warner is back in form after the ashes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

David Warner is back in form after the ashes anyway.

Against an awful Pakistan attack, but you can only play what's in front of you.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Against an awful Pakistan attack, but you can only play what's in front of you.
    Should have batted on, would have got 500. Pakistan are some crowd of stiffs

England got to 269-5, Burns 101 and Root 114*. Pakistan have put up a great fight, 271-8. Babar Azam 97 and a scarcely believable 101* from Yasir Shah. Enjoyed watching that

Crawley will be kicking himself for throwing away his wicket so late... just again lazily hanging the bat outside of his off stump waiting for the ball to nick it instead of playing an assured shot through the line of the ball.... almost reminiscent of his old man who despite crate loads of talent just couldn’t resist hanging the bat out there tempting fate....time and again,

English batsmen looked reasonably comfortable this morning, nothing in the way of trouble being caused by the New Zealand bowlers in terms of chances but they are bowling with good discipline and the English run rate is conservative but increasing.. with the forecast not looking great tomorrow I’d think throwing the bat a little harder now they’ve all but canceled the lead.

England got a lead of 101, and a wicket second ball of he New Zealand second innings. Ravel out for 0. Haven't seen much of him, but he looks like a rabbit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

England looked more concerned at not losing than trying to win. Pope and Root batted way too slowly and only upped the scoring rate when they got close to NZs total.

I know this isn't a test championship game but it has kind of raised the issue of accepting a draw, instead of playing loosely to gamble for the win. A 2-0 loss over a 1-0 means nothing in a traditional 2 match series. In the test championship, we may lose those type of games.

England looked more concerned at not losing than trying to win. Pope and Root batted way too slowly and only upped the scoring rate when they got close to NZs total.

Thought Pope and Root were just a bit too slow in putting the foot on the gas... the English bat deep and they were both WELL in so i felt that was unnecessary...they could have lost one of them without putting the game in the balance...

• Advertisement

Fûck me, that’s the worst drop I’ve seen in International cricket, Archer full on celebrating, mega smile then drop... it’s that bad the commentators can’t commentate they are falling around the studio in hysterics.

Advertisement