Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They definitely needed that start as by the end they nearly blew it! Fortunately Moeen got them home with plenty of overs but only a couple of wickets to spare

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Beasty wrote: »
    They definitely needed that start as by the end they nearly blew it! Fortunately Moeen got them home with plenty of overs but only a couple of wickets to spare

It was looking a tad dodgy when Rashid nicked behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Good start for South Africa undone by wild slogging in the last couple of overs. Finished on 177-8, England will chase this easily

Good start for South Africa undone by wild slogging in the last couple of overs. Finished on 177-8, England will chase this easily

Hmmm...I wouldn't be so sure.

Hmmm...I wouldn't be so sure.

And then 22 off an over....forget I said it !!

• Advertisement

Think the score was similar at the 6 over mark, but England have a deeper batting line up

Anyone hearing that high pitched beeping every now and then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,427 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

brilliant delivery, I wonder though why Ali was coming down the pitch to him though, bit risky and Unnecessary,

Strumms wrote: »
    brilliant delivery, I wonder though why Ali was coming down the pitch to him though, bit risky and Unnecessary,

Like Morgan going for a 6 with 7 left off 7 balls....granted wouldn;t have got to that point only for him, but you'd have expected some composure. Also, did Tom Curran watch any of the innings before he came to the crease ?

England have too many glory boys in that side. Tom Curran shouldn't be anywhere near an international team, brainless. Also Morgan had it in the bag and played a needless shot. Strange that they have fitness coaches, people on laptops analysing things, and no brains

• Advertisement

England have too many glory boys in that side. Tom Curran shouldn't be anywhere near an international team, brainless. Also Morgan had it in the bag and played a needless shot. Strange that they have fitness coaches, people on laptops analysing things, and no brains

I said to our lass, you wonder and fear what some of these lads would be doing if they weren't such talented sportsmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Debub

New Zealand have a super turn around - Deafeats India 3 - 0 in the ODIs

After a solid start by the English, SA are beginning to pin the English back a touch, Stokes and Morgan at the crease but looking somewhat less than free flowing. Mainly down to good bowling it must be said.

DeKock, 45 off 15 deliveries, fûck..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

T20 Decider just started, 1-1, pitch looks like a belter, could be a high scoring game! Moeen goes for 11 off the first over!

First 3 overs gone at an average of 10+ an over.

Up to about 12 now. Every delivery virtually is a boundary.... every delivery virtually a six. England bowlers either bowling too full, too short and too wide... got to give the credit to SA though they’ve come out to attack and have been flawless...

52-0 off 4, sixes all round the ground! 8 fours, 5 sixes!

Could be a cracker of a match!

52 off 4. Said it before but that Chris Jordan is a harmless cricketer

• Advertisement

Jordan has tightened up nicely, dragging the run rate back down slowly but surely.

In T20, Jordan he averages a wicket every 16 balls. Not great when you factor in that in T20 you only bowl 24 balls per innings. He has been economically ok at about 6 an over but that will be taking a hit today, big time.

Beauty from Rachid that was almost unplayable.

My argument against him is that he bowls a free 6 ball in almost every over. If a good ball goes for 6 its just the slogging nature of the game. In the third odi, he went for 40 off his last 3 overs, that is 15-20 too many

Both openers gone after a fast start, familiar pattern

Unless something extraordinary transpires here you’d have to think 210/220 could be on the cards. Of course a couple of wickets could change that but for all the SA prowess with the bat there are just too many rank bad deliveries.. as I type Stokes bowling a wide, next ball hit for 6.

Klaasen with 50 off 25 deliveries, spectacular stuff, goes to 50 with a 6..

Next delivery from Wood.. a wide !

Going to be well over 200 to chase here the way things are going, seems a real good batting surface, England will need to get off to a fast start.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Going to be well over 200 to chase here the way things are going, seems a real good batting surface, England will need to get off to a fast start.

Yes the pitch has a bit of pace but nothing in the way of any inconsistency in terms of bounce or sideways movement. 225 is a possibility the way things are going here. Will be a tough chase as I can’t see the South Africans beings as erratic with their bowling.

• Advertisement

222/6

Advertisement