Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Poor from Wood, short wide and six.

Nasser lashing the English fielding out of it, rightly, not often you hear Nasser ripping his team to shreds but it’s warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Australia win, reclaim No. 1 T/20 ranking....It was far closer than it should have been, set up the one day series well, starts Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Shane Warne makes a great point about Marsh liking pace on the ball before an expensive over from Wood, then goes on and on about not bowling Archer. Weak producer or who ever is in charge to let him go on like that. Clear as day Curran and Jordan were more suited.

England were poor. Had the worst of the conditions I think. Bairstow and Malan couldn't middle a ball. Australia did their best to lose it. Amazing how moral Smith is in white wall cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm not too sure what Australia we're trying to do in the series. I sincerely hope that these were not the sides they were hoping to bring to the World Cup. The batting line up is very short. If there are early failures they are eventually going to end up with the likes of Agar at 7 trying to bring it home, who seems OK to nudge a run a ball but that's about it.

I'm going

Finch
    Warner
    Smith
    Maxwell
    Wade
    Marsh
    Stoinis
    Agar/Zampa
    Starc
    Cummins
    Richardson

The middle order is interchangeable, so pay no attention to that. But they bat very strong down to 7. They have their 4 proper bowlers and then Marsh, Stoinis and Maxi can chip in on the bowling.

The tail is long for little reason, when they have capable bowlers in the 3 I mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Was an OK series, I watched that Cpl again, all I can say is the standard is like the leinster league 4th or 5th teams, absolutely horrific. Some absolutely brainless cricketers and talentless also, horrible standard, done with it now, it's complete rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The amazon warriors, who should be called the amazon quitters managed to lose their last 4 wickets for 0. They were all out 55, and lucky to get 55. Genuinely could have been 20 all out. They should retire immediately and work on a building site or something, but they would probably be rubbish at building as well, but they certainly are not cricketers. I watched a County match years ago, and there was a fat trundling slogger in action called Matt Coles, and I thought he was the worst cricketer I had ever seen, but he was like Garfield Sobers compared to some of the stiffs in action tonight, Guyana have an opener called Brandon King who amazingly has played international cricket, he is the pick of the stiffs. The bowler who dismissed him tonight is a journeyman kiwi with an unpronounceable name, and he dismissed him 3 times in this tournament in the space of 11 balls for the concession of 1 run. If I were the bowler I would be disappointed with the one run.

The first of the one day series between England and Australia is under way. England won the toss and are bowling. Roy, Root Billings and Woakes in for England, Morgan and Buttler back too.

No Smith for Australia, Stoinis bats at three. Aus 13/0 after 2.

Warner continues his woeful form in England out for 6.

England bowling well. Woakes and Archer giving nothing. Now Wood is on and takes Finch.

Australia no intention of taking advantage of the powerplay. Old fashioned wickets in hand approach and go mad in the last ten that did them no good in the last four years.

• Advertisement

Gillespy wrote: »
    England bowling well. Woakes and Archer giving nothing. Now Wood is on and takes Finch.

Australia no intention of taking advantage of the powerplay. Old fashioned wickets in hand approach and go mad in the last ten that did them no good in the last four years.

Yeah, Finch said as much - hardly a vote of confidence in your batters.

Stoinis was going nicely, out now, caught by Buttler off Wood..82/3, 16 overs.

This is crap from the Australians, Rashid is not Shane Warne! 123/5 off 24 overs - they're in a whole heap of trouble.

Rashid is a world class wrist spinner but I can't believe how poor they are playing him.

Rebuilding nicely now. Not much to come so they need to. Mitchell Marsh seems to like playing England. I saw something a while back comparing his career stats to his stats against England.

Great response by Marsh and Maxwell...204 with 11 overs to go...won't make 300 they might go close if these tww stay a bit longer.

Slower ball gets Maxwell. Smart from Archer. England needed that.

Bad luck for Maxwell, he played brilliantly, would have been nice to see him push for a century.

That was agood final over by Woakes, until the last ball. England chasing 295 to win, I'd expect them to get it given their recent batting performances, Australia will be happy enough given they were 123/5. Australia need to take a few early wickets to put the pressure on England.

Australia will be reasonably happy, thought 275 would be in and around achievable when the innings was two thirds done with how England were bowling. Thought England went too short too often at the death though and a few more boundaries were conceded.

Some catch, no time really to react, just instinct. Hand down , ball in and it sticks...

Brilliant from Australia... 4 overs only 7 runs conceded.. England need to throw caution to the wind, sharpish.

• Advertisement

Great bowling by Hazelwood...England scoring at just over 2 an over!

11 overs, run rate 2.5. That’s ok after 3 overs say but after 11. Behind the 8 ball already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just hurry up and get out Jonny so we can move on

Accoding to the BBC it's Englands lowest 10 over score in 50 over cricket since 2009!

Hazelwood 5 runs in 5 overs, that's some bowling particularly against this England team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

England have very useful batting at the bottom of the order but this looks well beyond them

England have very useful batting at the bottom of the order but this looks well beyond them

Beyond them now most likely ...

They don’t look like a confident side. Instead of dictating to the bowler it’s wait for the bad ball... there just haven’t been many bad balls and this unwillingness the English seem to have for pushing the agenda...unwillingness to make something happen, costing them.... four down for 58, four down for 80/90 at least loosing wickets with plenty of purpose to score. 3.3 runs per over.

Zampa seems to have Morgan's number, pretty sure that's 3rd time in a row he's got him out. Strange performance from England.

Shown as missing the stumps by millimeters, very lucky.

• Advertisement

Rare poor delivery by Zampa, a long hop bouncer but what a shot, 6 runs.

Advertisement