Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Amazing spell from Broad, I watched most of it before I had to head out for a cycle. Really good series win down in South Africa. A lot of excellence on display, Taylor's two stunning catches at short leg, Stokes inswinger to Morris, and Finn and Jimmi doing an excellent support job stiffling the South African batsmen at one end while Broad ran riot at the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

McCullum scores 145 from 79 balls. Fastest ton ever, from 54 balls. Slogged most of them,New Zealand 370 all out. Anderson and himself put on 179 at nearly 10 an over.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's his last test too right? Some send-off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Grabbed the most sixes in Test Cricket Record, Caught off a No Ball on 39*, Fastest Century in Test Cricket ... farewell appearances are usually anti climaxes, not this time!

He'll probably have to do a bit more in the Second Innings to get a result for NZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I was just thinking.Could McCullum be the first player in the history of sport to Set 2 World Records in his final game.

Not actually holding either record before the game but setting them in the game (rather than already holding the records and adding to them in the game which numerous players would have done).

• Advertisement

He will have to bat well in his last innings. Australia are 420/4. Lead by 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markbrop

He will have to bat well in his last innings. Australia are 420/4. Lead by 50.

NZ in big trouble - still effectively -14 for 4. They probably need a double century from Kane Williamson to get back into this game.

New Zealand battling. 197/4. Need another 200 or so for a good game. Lead by 62 now.

Australia 201/3. Win by 7 wickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markbrop

Very sad news about James Taylor. Its a big blow for England aswell:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/997033.html

• Advertisement

Sad indeed for him, to work so hard and then have to retire, but at least considering how serious the condition can be they diagnosed it

Cook doesn't enforce the Follow On with a first Innings lead of 391 and rain on the way.

Seems like a very negative decision. He will get huge criticism if England run out of time in this match.

The test between Sri Lanka and Australia turned into a bit of an epic in the end, bowled out for 117 in the first innings they went on to win by 106 for only their 2nd test win over the Aussies

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-australia-2016/content/story/1040633.html

From 161/8 to all out, Australia went 25.4 overs without adding any runs. Hard to picture that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ireland vs south Africa ODI on sky sports 3.

We're not fielding or bowling too well. tossing up too many half volleys and De Kock making hay.

Couple of dropped catches too

56-0 from 8.3 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Make a couple of dropped catches equal to 7 dropped catches. Ya never see that from an ireland team

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

We'll do well to keep this under 340

Another 200 run defeat. Becoming all too regular now..

Far too regular :( I didn't even bother to read the report this time around

Batting first against Australia 101/2 off 19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

121-2 to 123-5 25ov

Will be a challenge to bat out the overs.

198 all out. Lasted less than 44 overs. A lot of stiffs in that team.

Lost by 9 wickets. Only took 30 overs. If Ireland get test status, records will tumble.

Afghanistan beat Bangladesh by 2 wickets. Series level 1-1

Nice win for them!

Bangladesh well on their way to handing out a thrashing in todays game

Aussies whitewashed 5-0. Warner played a fantasic innings, 173 off 136 balls, ran himself out near the end. Second highest score was 35. If I played against Imran Tahir I would either kill him by hitting him with the bat, or a bouncer in the head. He is an annoying prick.

If I played against Imran Tahir I would either kill him by hitting him with the bat, or a bouncer in the head. He is an annoying prick.

Considering how Buttler and Stokes reacted to Bangladesh players this week I'm surprised they haven't done just that :D

Derco wrote: »
    Considering how Buttler and Stokes reacted to Bangladesh players this week I'm surprised they haven't done just that :D
    Kill might be a bit strong. Its just a figure of speech. But all that running and racing and overreaction to a wicket is annoying. Jim Laker took 19 wickets in a test, then got his jumper back off the umpire. England v Bangladesh was a good series, West Indies have bowled 55 overs today, no wickets. Pakistan 172/0.

• Advertisement

Advertisement