Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

It's all getting terribly interesting now, Burns gone in the first over!!

All teams do it. Ironically given the way the game is going the time wasting is more beneficial to England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Gillespy

It's very easy to lay into Root when the tail comes off like that. Pretending we haven't seen it happen so often before is foolish. I've listened to commentators aghast at them tactics since I started watching the game. Commentators now who no doubt were captains themsleves doing the exact same thing. It's boring. Root tried every option. It was Bumrah and Shami's day. They usually fall cheaply to whatever the captain does.

Sibley gone now! England up against it...Down to Root once more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭blackcard

Who is going to stick with Root though? Going to need a couple of partnerships to save this match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think the absolute levels of unsportsmanlike and dodgy behavior showing on the skullduggery-o-meter when it passes the Indians is no way comparable to the levels you see elsewhere in the sport...

India firstly keep us all waiting after the appointed time, late taking the field ... the PPE/pads time wasting issue we are discussing, Kohli attempts then to start a dialogue with the umpires as they get into position and play is about to begin...

not good, dodgy unsportsmanlike behavior...

Hameed starting to look more settled although was dropped. Root continues on.

Pity Crawley couldn't do better and get more games. Burns and Sibley are honest gritty players but very limited. Not in a million years could they play the innings Crawley did against Pakistan. Burns looked so horrible getting out there.

Burns and Sibley each just averaging a touch over 30 and 47 tests between them. Not great. But they have both got talent.

I remember England taking time wasting to extremes, I think that it was against Australia, England were 9 down. You had a 12th man coming on with gloves every few balls, medical team came on, batsmen kept the bowlers waiting. Ponting was fit to explode. Crowd cheering for every delay. I think the England batsmen may have been Anderson and Monty Panesar

That was Cardiff 2009. Great last day with Collingwood batting for most of it then then Monty and Jimmy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

4 wickets down. Brilliant review there by Kohli with the last ball before tea.

5.3 is the required run rate, that wicket going down though I’d say should set England playing for a draw.... be an interesting last session.

Just when you think that England are creeping to safety, India take another wicket. I think that light stopped play around 6pm yesterday so they may not get the remaining 38 overs in. Butler, Ali and Curran better in a ball chase, not so much when you are trying to save a match

Bumrah in the face of Root after taking his wicket, the rest of today and the remaining tests should be spicy

Root gone now...England in big trouble

The collapse is happening. Time is against India though.

Bairstow bang out of form.

in his last 12 innings he’s averaging 25.9 and only got more then 50 once. That form could enable him to get dropped...

i agree with David Lloyd, English bowling at the India tail was a shambles, so bad, allowed them to score 80 or so more then they should have gotten given their predicament.

Kohli, who can't buy a run and hasn't stopped chatting all day drops an easy Buttler catch. Love to see that.

Bad light more likely to save England than time. Rain is supposed to be around so might be off earlier than yesterday.

6 down. 21 overs left. England praying for rain.

• Advertisement

Make that 7 down!!

Mark Wood to save the day?

Kohli gesturing to the crowd to shut up, also gesturing that he can't hear them, a number of the Indian players trying to rile Robinson. England doing similar to Bumrah this morning. Spicy

Good catch. Straightforward enough though.

Brighter it's getting. Overs might be bowled but could be easier to negotiate.

Light seems ok, no rain. 18 overs to go...Robinson got a good reception to the crease by many of the Indian players, reckon Jimmy will get one too if he bats...if you give it you have to take it!

India started the agro with that over of Bumrah to Anderson. They're not the victims.

Gone a bit flat out there now.

I think both sides are at it. I didn't see the Bumrah over. I say replays of some of the bouncers bowled and Jimmy reacting. Were the Indians also giving verbals?

Anyway, looking forward to a competitive series

It was the number of big no balls. Looked very intentionally. Bumrah doesn't bowl no balls that big. It looked like the aim of the over was to hurt Anderson.

• Advertisement

Bumrah doesnt exactly come accross as the most likable of cricketers at the best of times..

Advertisement