Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well, you have to write to vote yes too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ByfocalPhoto

The voting paper could say "To vote yes draw a rhomboid beside the word yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭AlphaRed

SireOfSeth wrote: »
    How so?

Lets take a recent example. The Ashers bakery in the North who got sued because they didn't want to be involved in a political campaign.

There was a judgment today and the judgment went against the Ashers. The judge accused the Ashers of discrimination when this clearly was not the case. They did not discriminate against the customer for being gay, they just didn't want to get involved with his political message.

The Ashers were attacked by the gay lobby for their beliefs and their identity. This is the gay agenda. Step by step they will attack every aspect of society until it conforms to their vision of how society should be, and they are using the concept of equality to do it.

Equality is important but when it is being used to attack people's identity that is wrong. Do you realize how important and fundamental a person identity is? I find it terrifying to think there are people out there plotting to control who we are. In countries where gay marriage has been introduce they are already attacking churches. They are now claiming if straight people can get married in a church so should gay people be able to get married in a church.

In the papers everyone is claiming the church and schools will not be affected by the change to the constitution but this is a load of B.S. If they win on Friday they will not stop there.

Look, I know you're a yes voter. But can't you see what's really going on? Gay people are being used to erode the identities of western cultures. Do you not think we are entitled to our identities? Can't you see how important that is? Can you see it from our perspective?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

So we have decided to move from crank to full on loon mode. Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

AlphaRed wrote: »
    Lets take a recent example. The Ashers bakery in the North who got sued because they didn't want to be involved in a political campaign.

There was a judgment today and the judgment went against the Ashers. The judge accused the Ashers of discrimination when this clearly was not the case. They did not discriminate against the customer for being gay, they just didn't want to get involved with his political message.

The Ashers were attacked by the gay lobby for their beliefs and their identity. This is the gay agenda. Step by step they will attack every aspect of society until it conforms to their vision of how society should be, and they are using the concept of equality to do it.

Equality is important but when it is being used to attack people's identity that is wrong. Do you realize how important and fundamental a person identity is? I find it terrifying to think there are people out there plotting to control who we are. In countries where gay marriage has been introduce they are already attacking churches. They are now claiming if straight people can get married in a church so should gay people be able to get married in a church.

In the papers everyone is claiming the church and schools will not be affected by the change to the constitution but this is a load of B.S. If they win on Friday they will not stop there.

Look, I know you're a yes voter. But can't you see what's really going on? Gay people are being used to erode the identities of western cultures. Do you not think we are entitled to our identities? Can't you see how important that is? Can you see it from our perspective?

Sorry you lost me when you said that Ashers were found guilty of discrimination in a court of law but were not guilty of discrimination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm just waiting for the words "Illuminati" or "Reverse Vampires" here.

So we have decided to move from crank to full on loon mode. Cool.

How so?
    traprunner wrote: »
    Sorry you lost me when you said that Ashers were found guilty of discrimination in a court of law but were not guilty of discrimination.

The judge claimed they discriminated against him for being gay but the reason they wouldn't bake the cake is they didn't want to get involved in a political campaign. They are going to take it to a higher court btw. Please don't so short sighted.

seamus wrote: »

Reverse vampires would be cool but unfortunately like Alphareds video it has nothing to do with the referendum. I would love some kind of vote on it though.

How about one word? WAR

Because that's exactly what you're going to get.

• Advertisement

How so?

The judge claimed they discriminated against him for being gay but the reason they wouldn't bake the cake is they didn't want to get involved in a political campaign. They are going to take it to a higher court btw. Please don't so short sighted.

I'm not short sighted. They have every right to use the tools the le provides them and appeal.

I'll ask you not to be so short sighted and closed minded about gay people. The world won't end by letting them be equals.

Reverse vampires would be cool but unfortunately like Alphareds video it has nothing to do with the referendum. I would love some kind of vote on it though.

The video is about cultural subversion. That is exactly what's going on.

I'm not short sighted. They have every right to use the tools the le provides them and appeal.

I'll ask you not to be so short sighted and closed minded about gay people. The world won't end by letting them be equals.

I cannot pretend a gay couple is the same as a straight couple. The issue is not with someone who happens to be gay the issue is with the real world implications of changing the constitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I cannot pretend a gay couple is the same as a straight couple.
    Nobody is asking you to. Sameness is not the same thing as equality.

This is the same as this and equal (but not the same) to this.

I cannot pretend a gay couple is the same as a straight couple. The issue is not with someone who happens to be gay the issue is with the real world implications of changing the constitution.

Real world? I am not confident you have any connection with it anymore. Of all the nonsense ... war?

The Ashers judgment will work in our favour too. Everyone knows it was wrong and they'll take that to the polls on Friday

• Advertisement

The video is about cultural subversion. That is exactly what's going on.

I think some of your last few posts belong in the My mate is a primate thread. Talk about going off topic with conspiracy theories.

Are you saying that you are a homophobe then? If so you can be helped.

Nobody is asking you to. Sameness is not the same thing as equality.

But doesn't there need to be a bases for equality?
    Real world? I am not confident you have any connection with it anymore. Of all the nonsense ... war?

Absolutely war. You think people will allow their identities to be taken away from them? Christian business are being attacked and people will not stand for that. As gays can boycott christian business do you not think they will organize and the same thing to gay business? The are a billion Christians, 1.4 billion muslims and many more other religions. Do you really want to take them on?

But doesn't there need to be a bases for equality?

Absolutely war. You think people will allow their identities to be taken away from them? Christian business are being attacked and people will not stand for that. As gays can boycott christian business do you not think they will organize and the same thing to gay business? The are a billion Christians, 1.4 billion muslims and many more other religions. Do you really want to take them on?

Am I supposed to be threatened?

I think some of your last few posts belong in the My mate is a primate thread. Talk about going off topic with conspiracy theories.

The gay lobby is a conspiracy theory now? Look it up. They are trying to change churches in countries where gay marriage was legalized.
    Are you saying that you are a homophobe then? If so you can be helped.

Just please stop with the same old tired accusations. Being a NO Voter doesn't make you a homophobe

• Advertisement

Am I supposed to be threatened?

You're responsible for your own perception. If you attack people's identities they will act to defend themselves.

Think of it, A Global Religious Alliance.

The gay lobby is a conspiracy theory now? Look it up. They are trying to change churches in countries where gay marriage was legalized.

Just please stop with the same old tired accusations. Being a NO Voter doesn't make you a homophobe

I'd prefer if religion didn't exist. Now you'll be telling me that I'll be starting a one man war too!!

I know voting no doesn't make you a homophobe but what you are saying does.

I'd prefer if religion didn't exist. Now you'll be telling me that I'll be starting a one man war too!!

I know voting no doesn't make you a homophobe but what you are saying does.

How do you know religion isn't biological like homosexuality?

You're a religa-phobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

You should know the deal by now? Legitimate source, please?

How do you know religion isn't biological like homosexuality?

You're a religa-phobe

Em...maybe because I made a conscious decision to remove myself from all religion after studying the evidence. Homosexual people can't make that decision. It is not possible to decide that you are gay or not. It can't be learned and it can't be forced upon you like religion.

I am most certainly not a religa-phobe. It does not scare me. It does not intimidate me.

You should know the deal by now? Legitimate source, please?

I'm working on a thread that has all the links, coming soon.
    Here's a quick link I found just now
    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2014/June/Denmark-Forces-Churches-to-Conduct-Gay-Marriages/

I'm working on a thread that has all the links, coming soon.
    Here's a quick link I found just now
    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2014/June/Denmark-Forces-Churches-to-Conduct-Gay-Marriages/

That is not a legitimate source. It is a very biased source. Reading that website is like reading an ISIS website but for christianity.

This is at the bottom of the page:
    CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
    Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

Em...maybe because I made a conscious decision to remove myself from all religion after studying the evidence. Homosexual people can't make that decision. It is not possible to decide that you are gay or not. It can't be learned and it can't be forced upon you like religion.

I am most certainly not a relic-phobe. It does not scare me. It does not intimidate me.

Yes but religion is a naturally occurring phenomenon that happens in all cultures across the globe. I think it's in our DNA. Do you have any spiritual beliefs?

That is not a legitimate source. It is a very biased source. This is at the bottom of the page:
    CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
    Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

Ok then in the interest of fairness you find a source and I'll find another source.

• Advertisement

Yes but religion is a naturally occurring phenomenon that happens in all cultures across the globe. I think it's in our DNA. Do you have any spiritual beliefs?

This has nothing to do with the referendum. Please stop spouting your Lolek Ltd. crap and go back on topic.

I wish to disengage from talking about religion when it is a civil matter we are voting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Religion is natural now but homosexuality isn't.

Right....

This has nothing to do with the referendum. Please stop spouting your Lolek Ltd. crap and go back on topic.

I wish to disengage from talking about religion when it is a civil matter we are voting on.

Is the Telegraph good enough?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/9317447/Gay-Danish-couples-win-right-to-marry-in-church.html

Religion is natural now but homosexuality isn't.

Right....

I said homosexuality was biological

Evidence of the gay lobby (not a conspiracy)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/9317447/Gay-Danish-couples-win-right-to-marry-in-church.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What has Danish law to do with our Constitution?

I said homosexuality was biological

Evidence of the gay lobby (not a conspiracy)

There are Christian lobbies, gay lobbies, oil lobbies, gas lobbies, telecommunication lobbies, one man lobby that contacts his TD, farmer lobbies....the list is endless. Lobby groups exist for everything. I wish they didn't and they let us get on as a secular state but they are there.

meglome wrote: »
    Are we introducing Danish law now too?
    Well we are copying the concept, are we not?
    Villain wrote: »
    What has Danish law to do with our Constitution?
    Good question but as you know the gay lobby has been picking off countries one by one
    There are Christian lobbies, gay lobbies, oil lobbies, gas lobbies, telecommunication lobbies, one man lobby that contacts his TD, farmer lobbies....the list is endless. Lobby groups exist for everything. I wish they didn't and they let us get on as a secular state but they are there.

They claim the church and schools will not be affected by gay marriage and yet we see proof in other countries that the church and schools are affect.

Now, will you kindly stay out of our lives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Will the churches stay out of ours?

Good question but as you know the gay lobby has been picking off countries one by one

They claim the church and schools will not be affected by gay marriage and yet we see proof in other countries that the church and schools are affect.

The church should have nothing to do with schools in the first place. It's where many priests groomed and assaulted young children.

The church should fook right off out of civil marriages. They can have their own version that don't have any standing in law but all civil marriages should be carried out by the state.

This is a CIVIL matter. Nothing to do with religion. I do not want any religion having a say in my life.

Will the churches stay out of ours?
    Gladly
    The church should have nothing to do with schools in the first place. It's where many priests groomed and assaulted young children.

Gay men who where hiding as priests, you mean? Catholic schools are part of our identity. So you do think they gay lobby should go after schools next?
    The church should fook right off out of civil marriages. They can have their own version that don't have any standing in law but all civil marriages should be carried out by the state.

Again, this is our identity and you're being totally offensive now.

Gay men who where hiding as priests, you mean? Catholic schools are part of our identity. So you do think they gay lobby should go after schools next?

Incorrect. Paedophiles were posing as priests.

This is a CIVIL matter. Nothing to do with religion. I do not want any religion having a say in my life.

But it does have to do with religion because religion is apart of our identity and we don't want you changing it.

Now I've giving proof of what the gay lobby are planning. You have to vote NO now. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

No we are not. We are trying to make our society more equal. It's irrelevant what they do anywhere else.

Your terminology actually offends me. If countries vote to have the sky painted green then that's what that country wanted. Democracy is a wonderful thing.

It's not illegal to have sex with animal in some US states. You want me to list all the laws in other countries that have nothing whatsoever to do with us?

That's a debate for another time.

Nah, some did believe in their priesthood and were also pedophiles.

That's a debate for another time.

No, it's me correcting you as you were incorrect.

But it does have to do with religion because religion is apart of our identity and we don't want you changing it.

Now I've giving proof of what the gay lobby are planning. You have to vote NO now. Thanks.

Who is 'our'? Lolek Ltd?? Religion has nothing to do with my identity.

I approached the whole referendum with an open mind and researched and educated myself (just as I did with religion). I choose to vote YES because I know it is the best for the nation of Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement