Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction

1212223242527»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

There you go again with the unnecessary snide comments. There's really no need for it and you're not impressing anyone either.

I asked you one thing, to explain to me why you voted against Gay marriage and you wont explain. If you really felt for the cause you would explain. You have merely said you were against marriage which is fair enough. But it has nothing to do with this referendum.

When I ask you you keep saying this campaign is over and I am moving on to my next political activist activity. Like a bored child moving on to a new toy when the other one is not fun anymore. This is why I find it amusing? You were fighting for something yet you don' seem too bothered by it either way............... You are a very vocal No advocate on the thread so I "value" your opinion, in so far as I am trying to get to the bottom of why the NO vote was a hell of a lot stronger than it should of been (or at least I thought) I have tried to find your reasoning through the thread but i can't so that is why I am asking you.

If you are going to advocate such strong and potentially offensive opinions you should expect your fair share of retorts and jokes at your expense when they make no sense to those whose views you are opposing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

I asked you one thing, to explain to me why you voted against Gay marriage and you wont explain. If you really felt for the cause you would explain. You have merely said you were against marriage which is fair enough. But it has nothing to do with this referendum.

When I ask you you keep saying this campaign is over and I am moving on to my next political activist activity. Like a bored child moving on to a new toy when the other one is not fun anymore. This is why I find it amusing? You were fighting for something yet you don' seem too bothered by it either way............... You are a very vocal No advocate on the thread so I "value" your opinion, in so far as I am trying to get to the bottom of why the NO vote was a hell of a lot stronger than it should of been (or at least I thought) I have tried to find your reasoning through the thread but i can't so that is why I am asking you.

If you are going to advocate such strong and potentially offensive opinions you should expect your fair share of retorts and jokes at your expense when they make no sense to those whose views you are opposing.
    If you get the basics so wrong in the first place, is there much point in discussing it in the first place.

I devoted a lot of time discussing the referendum here last week. Maybe you missed it. So be it.

The decision has been made. Re-flogging my dead No horse has no value.

Time to move on.

If you get the basics so wrong in the first place, is there much point in discussing it in the first place.

I devoted a lot of time discussing the referendum here last week. Maybe you missed it. So be it.

The decision has been made. Re-flogging my dead No horse has no value.

Time to move on.

Think I have made my point..................

You said your main issue was adopted children not having the right to know their biological parents because the "family/marital" unit has more of a legal standing. And i responded that the marital unit and the rights of same are already in place for hetrosexuals so your point was nothing about children's rights but more about same sexual couples having the same rights.

As you said "TIME TO MOVE ON"

Can't take your viewpoint seriously.

Think I have made my point..................

You said your main issue was adopted children not having the right to know their biological parents because the "family/marital" unit has more of a legal standing. And i responded that the marital unit and the rights of same are already in place for hetrosexuals so your point was nothing about children's rights but more about same sexual couples having the same rights.

As you said "TIME TO MOVE ON"

Can't take your viewpoint seriously.

I'll get over it, have no fear. :)

I have always come from the aspect of extending marriage leaving the door open to future children coming into the world, without the right to know their biological identity, because of a right to marriage superceding the child's right. The John Waters view, basically.

I am not alone in this either.

Now the referendum has been passed, I can only hope the Government legislates properly in the field of human assisted pro-creation in all its forms.

I also expect to be invited to a few more weddings than before. Let the good times roll.
    Legislation should be written to enshrine the right of all children to know their biological background.
    Eh, and what about children adopted into hetrosexual families???????????

This has absolutely nothing to do with same sex marriage??
    You said a child has no right to know her biological identity. I fundamentally disagree with you.
    The same rights should be extended to all adopted children.
    Then why are you linking this belief of yours specifically to gay marriage?????/ Please explain?
    I went into great detail last week.

Childrens' rights to knowing their father and mother supercedes the right to marriage in my view. I lost the arguement.

I'm done with it now. The dye is cast.

I congratulate the Yes side, enjoyed watching the genuine celebrations last night and hope our legislators don't let children down in the coming legislation on surrogacy and human assisted reproduction.
    So are you fighting against hetrosexual marriage?? Or just same-sex marriage? Once again, if so why you are using same sex marriage as a reason to fight against all types of marriage is what confuses me................

No marital rights were extended, merely marital rights that existed already were extended, rightfully, to those who were previously segregated from having them.

Anyway............

That was the essence of our conversation, to me your argument made no sense.

General election looming and more immediately, restoration of Public Sector pay will be on my radar. :)

Maybe in a few years, an attack on the 8th Amendment may be on the cards.

Advertisement