Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REAL MADRID VS. ATLÉTICO MADRID

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I was wondering when the annual 'im not watching football' posts would pop up. Thought it would be later in the season, thats my bet gone. Been going since about 1999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ramos is one of those players I'd love to see creased in a tackle. Nothing career threatening, just a Norman Hunter type effort.

I can't agree with this.

Not disagreeing either, mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mushy wrote: »
    To give him a proper excuse to go down and stay down

If he was actually hurt he would not move at all, the play acting and rolling around is pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Trying not to sound too much lime an old timer but football back in the 1980's was much better. Not as much play acting.

You dont even have to go back to the 80s. The 90s was perfectly fine in my mind, i dont even recall too much diving and gowling in the early 00s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mushy wrote: »
    To give him a proper excuse to go down and stay down

OK! It's not unlicensed boxing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Lukker- wrote: »
    When Chelsea play like this they are slated. When Atleti do the same all the football hipsters are out praising their dogged style.

I agree, but Chelsea are the best team in England, with possibly the greatest manager of all time. Atletico are still the Spanish underdog, with a manager that's still finding his feet at this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Headshot wrote: »
    Its so anti football.

Bollox. The distribution of TV money in Spain is anti-sport. Incredible that Atletico are the current Spanish champions and are able to compete at this level.

They can play however the hell they want IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ref called it right

I don't know. Nothing sending off for me. Crowd and the players got him sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Its not the football that bothers me, its the play acting, rolling around, diving and general being a pussy that bothers me.

It's not really the players fault though.Its the referee's and rule makers who tolerate it who are to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I agree, but Chelsea are the best team in England, with possibly the greatest manager of all time. Atletico are still the Spanish underdog, with a manager that's still finding his feet at this level.

They're the Spanish champions.

• Advertisement

Would video ref stop it?

It's not really the players fault though.Its the referee's and rule makers who tolerate it who are to blame.

The refs and the rule makers dont tell the players to dive, they dont punish it but the players should have a bit of ****ing pride in themselves and not do it. How could you go home to your family with a straight face acting like some of the players do nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't know. Nothing sending off for me. Crowd and the players got him sent off.

Definite yellow for me, red had the card out pretty quick too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The win at all costs mentality is a big part of it too.

efb wrote: »
    Would video ref stop it?

A video ref in football would completely destroy the game, its too fast paced in comparison to rugby.

keith16 wrote: »
    Bollox. The distribution of TV money in Spain is anti-sport. Incredible that Atletico are the current Spanish champions and are able to compete at this level.

Atletico have wasted truckloads of money in the last 10-15 years, last thing they need is more of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Would video ref stop it?

We need some sort of citing facility like Rugby and retrospective action.

Haha Isco how embarassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

keith16 wrote: »

Its not just about the style of play. Its about faking injuries. Its about doing your best to get a fellow professional sent off. Its about surrounding the ref at every opportunity. Its seeing the likes of Pepe kick other players to his heart content.

That is anti football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Trying not to sound too much lime an old timer but football back in the 1980's was much better. Not as much play acting.

Football in the 80's was sh!te, try watching some of the games on ESPN gold or whatever its called. The pace was pedestrian and the back passes were far worse for the game than the current diving.

90's football was were it was at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Game set and match

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Haha Isco how embarassing

A dive followed by a few rolls, sees he is getting nothing and jumps straight up.

Ugh, sickened but at least its over soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ronaldo unselfish there

The refs and the rule makers dont tell the players to dive, they dont punish it but the players should have a bit of ****ing pride in themselves and not do it. How could you go home to your family with a straight face acting like some of the players do nowadays?

Cheating exists in every part of life- cutting corners to gain an unfair advantage.

We don't all work down the mines put in hard days graft and come home to home cooked meal with wife and kids

Hernandez scores

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

AdamD wrote: »
    Ronaldo unselfish there

About time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

chich!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

niallo27 wrote: »
    The win at all costs mentality is a big part of it too.

Nothing really wrong with that though.As soon as a scoreboard is introduced into any game a win at all cost mentality is what you get.I don't really blame any players for taking advantage of weak refereeing and bad rules.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Football in the 80's was sh!te, try watching some of the games on ESPN gold or whatever its called. The pace was pedestrian and the back passes were far worse for the game than the current diving.

90's football was were it was at

Bit of rose tinted glasses? USA 94 was dire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Finally takes his chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Well done Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Headshot wrote: »
    Its not just about the style of play. Its about faking injuries. Its about doing your best to get a fellow professional sent off. Its about surrounding the ref at every opportunity. Its seeing the likes of Pepe kick other players to his heart content.

That is anti football

With you there. Game over now anyway.

Over the 2 legs, should it stay the same, Real get what they deserve, Atletico get what they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Real....ugh! :mad:

Ramos again, he gets worse every year. A horrible character.

At least we don't have to sit through another 30 minutes of this 'football'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Typical goal poaching Ronaldo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

So was Italia '90 and Euro '92

Maybe but not as rose tinted as the suggestion of 80's football being the high standard to aim for

Praying that Real and Barca meet in the semi final, i couldnt deal with them destroying the final with their antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Euro 2000 was the nuts.

• Advertisement

Ramos again, he gets worse every year. A horrible character.

His favourite move, appealing to the ref, the only thing that changes is whether he's doing the "I did nothing" or "send him off" routine.

José possibly the greatest manager of all time?!?!

They're the Spanish champions.

Yes, but they haven't kept the pace this season, and weren't expected to. They went into the season third favourites to win the league. They're an underdog.

José possibly the greatest manager of all time?!?!

Yes, I don't see why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Maybe but not as rose tinted as the suggestion of 80's football being the high standard to aim for

In terms of the lack of play acting, I think it is.

I don't agree with that at all.

I think skill.is more to the fore nowadays

Then Holland in the 70s were better than Holland now

Depends what you are watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bullshít! The final was dire, the rest of the tournament was very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

such a horrible match

Kicking the lumps out of each other

How many cards now? Ive lost count

• Advertisement

In terms of the lack of play acting, I think it is.

The skill levels were lower, the tackling more dangerous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement