Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Micro Sd cards

• 22-04-2015 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Any issues over standard Sd cards?

Replaced an old class 8 8GB Sd card with a Sandisk Ultra 32GB micro Sd card via an SD adapter in my camera. Seems to write quickly enough, anyone see any issues with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Nope. Ive been using one in my Fuji for 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭killym

Yeah, data recovery might be expensive...There is a reason why there are sd cards and micro sd. Use sd when You have a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I started using one on Saturday (a Sandisk Ultra 32GB UHS-I) and haven't had any unexpected (bad) behaviour during initial testing (video and photo).
    killym wrote: »
    Yeah, data recovery might be expensive...There is a reason why there are sd cards and micro sd.

In my experience (of others, fortunately not myself!) data is lost most often when the whole card disappears, so it wouldn't make much difference in that situation whether it was a micro or normal sized card.

But I do wonder about the micro slipping out of it's adaptor. I bought that particular card so that I could also use it in an action cam which only takes microSD; I'll get a couple of regular SD cards for the DSLR the next time I'm placing an order with Amazon or the like.

[QUOTE=CelticRambler;98080157

In my experience (of others, fortunately not myself!) data is lost most often when the whole card disappears, so it wouldn't make much difference in that situation whether it was a micro or normal sized card.
    [/QUOTE]

Well it's not Your fault that You don't know anything about memory card and how do they work. |For a micro sc is usually a monolith which is very hard to get data back (i mean doing hardware recovery - not software).
    This really matters when You get paid for your work, You simply can't afford to loose the data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

:confused: If there is no card because it fell out of a bag/pocket/box/envelope - or got stolen, along with the camera - no amount of software will recover the data, regardless of what size it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

My wife had one in her phone. The only issue was that it got jammed in the slot due to it being out of alignment with the adapter. A bit of a PITA but I eventually slid a thin piece of card beside it to get it out.

I am not sure if they are any more or less reliable than full SD or CF cards. If the data is that valuable then best to get a body with dual cards and set the second one as a back up. My main bodies now have this, one has CF/SD the other twin SD.

:confused: If there is no card because it fell out of a bag/pocket/box/envelope - or got stolen, along with the camera - no amount of software will recover the data, regardless of what size it was.

You got me:)

Advertisement