Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chances of a credit union top up loan

Options
  • 22-04-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hi guys been with credit union for over 20 years and have savings of 1100 which is been used as credit union shares towards a car loan of 4500 12 months ago.now i pay 70 euro every 2 weeks and have never missed a payment thank god as i have a good job and just wondering what are the chances of getting a small top loan in few weeks time to cover lanscaping works and putting down some timber flooring.would asking 1500 as a top up be too much or could i get less or more.thanks for helping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

hi guys been with credit union for over 20 years and have savings of 1100 which is been used as credit union shares towards a car loan of 4500 12 months ago.now i pay 70 euro every 2 weeks and have never missed a payment thank god as i have a good job and just wondering what are the chances of getting a small top loan in few weeks time to cover lanscaping works and putting down some timber flooring.would asking 1500 as a top up be too much or could i get less or more.thanks for helping

Every Credit Union has different rules, I dont know what your credit union is therefore I cannot discuss the likelyhood of you getting a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Every Credit Union has different rules, I dont know what your credit union is therefore I cannot discuss the likelyhood of you getting a loan.
    i know but do u reckon my chances are good as ive never missed a repayment

thought all credit unions where generally the same anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

thought all credit unions where generally the same anyway.

Vast differences in the 3 we audit in work anyway in terms of their lending policies.

You probably have a good chance but I could tell you.

Whats the net loan at this point?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

The fact that you have been paying back regularly on your car loan will stand you in good stead - you've shown an ability to repay - €1680 over the 12 months so far. As CIARAN_BOYLE said, every Credit Union is different, you won't know until you go in and ask.

Don't be surprised if you're asked to increase the repayment amount, as you'd still need to be paying down the core debt (the outstanding €2820 of your car loan) along with the new debt you'd be taking on (the extra €1500)

• Advertisement

Vast differences in the 3 we audit in work anyway in terms of their lending policies.

You probably have a good chance but I could tell you.

Whats the net loan at this point?

4500 over 3 years with 1200 already payed and 1100 in shares

Spocker wrote: »
    The fact that you have been paying back regularly on your car loan will stand you in good stead - you've shown an ability to repay - €1680 over the 12 months so far. As CIARAN_BOYLE said, every Credit Union is different, you won't know until you go in and ask.

Don't be surprised if you're asked to increase the repayment amount, as you'd still need to be paying down the core debt (the outstanding €2820 of your car loan) along with the new debt you'd be taking on (the extra €1500)

Ya no problem with increase in payments if i cud get 2000 I'd be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Ya no problem with increase in payments if i cud get 2000 I'd be very happy

Increase payments now by 20 and when you apply they will see that you can afford the extra payments on the new amount.

For your own sake in the long term: You've reduced your loan by 1200 but are looking for 1500 which means your loan is increasing. If you could do the opposite. Pay off 1800 and be only looking for 1500 you would eventually clear your loan and not have to pay any interest

Advertisement