Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tortilla

Options
  • 22-04-2015 7:37pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have an excess of eggs and spuds at the moment, so tortilla (Spanish omelette) seems like the obvious solution. :pac:

Fry the potatoes? Steam/boil the potatoes?

Fry the omelette? Bake it? Grill it?

Chorizo, red peppers, goat's cheese? Herbs? Or are you a purist?

I'd love your recipes. Gonna make this tomorrow night so hit me up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love spanish omelette, but I'm not very good at making it! I slice and parboil the potatoes (totally non-purist!), gently fry off the sliced onions, add the drained potatoes until they get some colour, and then add both the potatoes and onions to the beaten eggs. Season generously at this point. I leave that mixture alone for 5 minutes, then tip it into a frying pan and cook. I finish it off either by flipping it over, or under the grill if I'm feeling lazy. I love it served pintxo-style: On slices of crusty baguette with some mayonnaise :).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Not entirely authentic, but a tasty success nonetheless. :)

dy6i5v.jpg

14xjuv5.jpg

Advertisement