Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wristwatch alarm for my father (stroke)

Options
  • 22-04-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My father had a stroke and he's at home now. I want to get an alarm for him for when he's alone in the house in case he falls or has some other problem but can't access his mobile phone. I asked him and he said he'd wear a wristwatch one. I need it to call me if he uses it.

So far I've found this homecaretechnologies ie /index php/shop/pendant-alarms/wrist-strap-for-emergency-phone-with-full-2-way-speech-pendant-detail (used in conjunction with another product) but it looks bulky and I doubt my father would consistently wear it, especially since he has to put on and take off clothes and this is hard enough for him without this watch getting in the way.

I also found this assistireland ie/eng/Products_Directory/Personal_Alarms_and_Home_Safety_Devices/Personal_Alarms_and_Home_Safety/Tunstall_Minuet_Watch html and it looks good but I don't see anywhere where I can actually buy it, just sites that advertise it (like the links on the right of that page).

Should I find and order one from the UK? I'm not sure if I'm even going about this the right way.

Please provide me with other options or give me advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Alarm? wrote: »
    My father had a stroke and he's at home now. I want to get an alarm for him for when he's alone in the house in case he falls or has some other problem but can't access his mobile phone. I asked him and he said he'd wear a wristwatch one. I need it to call me if he uses it.

So far I've found this homecaretechnologies ie /index php/shop/pendant-alarms/wrist-strap-for-emergency-phone-with-full-2-way-speech-pendant-detail (used in conjunction with another product) but it looks bulky and I doubt my father would consistently wear it, especially since he has to put on and take off clothes and this is hard enough for him without this watch getting in the way.

I also found this assistireland ie/eng/Products_Directory/Personal_Alarms_and_Home_Safety_Devices/Personal_Alarms_and_Home_Safety/Tunstall_Minuet_Watch html and it looks good but I don't see anywhere where I can actually buy it, just sites that advertise it (like the links on the right of that page).

Should I find and order one from the UK? I'm not sure if I'm even going about this the right way.

Please provide me with other options or give me advice.

Hi,
    I just spotted this thread on the home page.
    Do you have a local community alert committee? Our local one organises things like that for members of the community and the elderly. Might be worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alarm?

I'm not sure. How do I find this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alarm?

Gee_G wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just spotted this thread on the home page.
    Do you have a local community alert committee? Our local one organises things like that for members of the community and the elderly. Might be worth a try?

Oh wait, do you mean alerting people in the community? My father doesn't want that. He is a private guy and only wants family members being alerted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Crimewatch.ie have a watch option, I can't attach a direct link but it should be easy enough to find on their site, it also has a fall detector attached

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Alarm? wrote: »
    Oh wait, do you mean alerting people in the community? My father doesn't want that. He is a private guy and only wants family members being alerted.

No,no, not alerting the community. They only contact nominated contacts as far as I know. I don't know how you'd find out. Maybe Google "community alert in ...... Area", most areas have them these days. I know in my area this committee send out alert texts if there's any suspicious cars/activity in the area, also deal with putting alarms, supplying those watch alarms etc to the vulnerable/elderly in the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement