Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2015??

Options
  • 22-04-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Line up going around Facebook

Seems way too good to be true
    Anybody know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Usual every year. Fake lineup always gets posted with some awesome lineup!

Lol, oxegen is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jameshan

****, got excited there for a bit
    There's still Electric Picnic though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't think they can come back after that Amanda Brunker debacle at the 2011 one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I don't think they can come back after that Amanda Brunker debacle at the 2011 one.

That still really irritates me. Of all the genuine bands/musicians who could've been bumped up to the mainstage and she swans in and plays 3 songs because she knows the right people. I'm calling Bull****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It's a fake on Facebook. If it was genuinely back, there would be a press release, not just on Facebook.

Whoever set up that page is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

thelad95 wrote: »
    It's a fake on Facebook. If it was genuinely back, there would be a press release, not just on Facebook.

Whoever set up that page is sad.
    Whoever set it up is a good buzzer considering the amount of people who fall for this kind of thing, year in, year out, then proceed to get upset when turns out that, shockingly, Facebook pages are not necessarily the most trustworthy of sources.

That still really irritates me. Of all the genuine bands/musicians who could've been bumped up to the mainstage and she swans in and plays 3 songs because she knows the right people. I'm calling Bull****!
    Mainstage at, what, 1 o' clock isn't exactly the most prestigious of allocations, is it? You're playing to a crowd of about sixty punters, split 50/50 between drunks who've fallen asleep on the way to a hot dog van, and people who've never been to a festival and don't really know what to do, but have some vague notion that you're supposed to stand by the big stage all day, based on the highlights of Glanstonbury that they've seen on BBC over the years.

EDIT: Having said that, she's not fit to join in on a 5am singalong to Wonderwall at one of those **** gaf parties you'd end up at in your late teens, never mind get wheeled out in front on people who paid €250 odd quid for a festival ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Mainstage at, what, 1 o' clock isn't exactly the most prestigious of allocations, is it? You're playing to of about sixty punters, split 50/50 between drunks who've fallen asleep on the way to a hot dog van, and people who've never been to a festival and don't really know what to do, but have some vague notion that you're supposed to stand by the big stage all day, based on the highlights of Glanstonbury that they've seen on BBC over the years.

if it was me I'd be pretty happy just to have seen what playing a stage that size was like. I know 2pm slot isn't a prime position but someone has to play it and I'm sure many would be happy to. What rubs me up the wrong way is that there were genuine musicians to chooses from and she gets access to better opportunities because of who she knows. I don't mean to sound moany and I know oxegen hasn't the best representation but its still disappointing to see a music festival play along with faux-celebrity sh*te at the expense of bands/musicians.

Ah I feel ya. While the nicest way I can put it is that the majority acts that tend to be on around that time (or any time in most cases) at Oxegen wouldn't be my cup of tea, I'd happily accept that most of them are at least reasonably competent musicians who've put in a lot of graft over the years. I can't imagine Ms. Brunker's musical credentials extend beyond a few rounds of Singstar and a night or two of Karaoke at family get-togethers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement