Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyfishing cork

• 22-04-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

Just trying to rob a bit of advice, what rivers can be accessed within half and hour to 45 minutes of cork City.. Thinking of trying to get out after work a few evenings and don't want to b going too far??

Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

You have loads of options
    The Lee
    Blackwater
    Sullane
    Bandon
    All the little tributaries that come off each river too

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

popsy09 wrote: »
    You have loads of options
    The Lee
    Blackwater
    Sullane
    Bandon
    All the little tributaries that come off each river too

Is that trib of the bandon free fishing?The river brinny i think its called?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 badview

Thanks for the replys, what would people recommend as a good river to start on??

I have fished all of them and never had a problem , just don't be acting the maggot and you will not have a problem but I don't kill any trout don't see the point I'd imagine if ya go killing trout on a regular basis you could find yourself getting grief

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

popsy09 wrote: »
    I have fished all of them and never had a problem , just don't be acting the maggot and you will not have a problem but I don't kill any trout don't see the point I'd imagine if ya go killing trout on a regular basis you could find yourself getting grief

Ah ya, definitely.I dont think i ever killed a wild trout, dont see the point in taking them.Prefer to put them back and keep the spot stocked.

• Advertisement

I don't mind people killing trout now don't get me wrong , I am not a c&r nut like half the people on the internet these days but I don't eat trout so need to keep them

I was in the bandon last night for two hours I was just driving through and had rod in car ,water is horrible , very low and full of growth didn't get a tap but I did see some sea trout bout 1-2 lb throwing themselfs around just before it got dark

Advertisement