Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saddle sore

• 22-04-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On a long cycle, I've developed a blister on right upper inside leg where it meets the bum. I've noticed that I also have a wear point in all my cycling shorts in that exact spot - and left leg of all shorts has no wear point. But,the left leg did develop a lesser sore point the same day, same area. Any ideas what is causing this? I haven't changed the saddle and wear the same brand of shorts (altura, pro gel, female). Too sore to cycle now:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Without seeing your position it sounds like your saddle might be a wee bit too high. Suggest you lower it very slightly...like 1-2mm?

treatment for saddle sore is good skin hygiene and sudocreme at night.

Stay off bike for a few days and see a doctor if no improvement.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Anyone ever been off the bike for a while due to a sore ass?
    My ass is aching ever since I went up Mt Teide a couple of weeks ago. Not the scab type saddle sores but what feels like bruising. I could hardly sit on the bike tonight. Had a lot of miles (80mile on sat and 110 on sunday) over the weekend then rested for 2 days there and it feels worse than ever. Using sudacrem after rides and using assos cream when going for a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bridiecc

Many thanks. Will raise saddle. I've been using sudacream and everything else!! healing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosswords wrote: »
    Without seeing your position it sounds like your saddle might be a wee bit too high. Suggest you lower it very slightly...like 1-2mm?...
    bridiecc wrote: »
    Many thanks. Will raise saddle...
    Lower, Bridie lower! :)

Is it possible that your right leg is slightly shorter than your left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

bridiecc wrote: »
    Many thanks. Will raise saddle. I've been using sudacream and everything else!! healing well.

LOWER the saddle was stated ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Do you have a wider than normal saddle? Would that perhaps be causing friction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I had a sore point on one side in the same area in the past. Turned out it was the saddle, it wasn't too wide, as the one I use now is the same width (143) just the wrong shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bridiecc

Right LOWER the saddle!!! That's what was suggested - brain is also scrambled. No, the saddle is not wide and has been fine until I did 2 consecutive long climbing routes. It wasn't a sudden increase in distance. Have been doing regular 100s to 120s. Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

If you are managing 100 - 120 km I would imagine your saddle is fine. Get some vaseline and rub it on your inner thighs before you head off. It is probably just friction burn.

Advertisement