Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total War: Warhammer officially announced

Options
  • 22-04-2015 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

It's been running the rumour mill for the last few months but now it's official. Personally can't wait for this. The gameplay of Total War is the perfect marriage with the world and lore of Warhammer. Hopefully this game wont be a disappointment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Should be great although a slight worry is about what background will GW allow them to use because the most up to date edition background (The End Times) has some issues.
    Such as:
    The entire planet and all the creatures except one being wiped out

Hopefully it will use 7th or 8th edition background. Trailer looks cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great trailer, probably wont see it till next year if were lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This..... so much want for this..... cannot wait for release day + 6 months

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Saw the announcement, got excited until I realised it was Warhammer Fantasy, not 40k. I'm holding on to the hope of a Dawn of War 3.

Angron wrote: »
    Saw the announcement, got excited until I realised it was Warhammer Fantasy, not 40k. I'm holding on to the hope of a Dawn of War 3.

I did the exact same thing, thinking 40k would be class,

But the fantasy one is more suited to lots of units as opposed to just having a few tanks and bikes and such if that makes sense. Big mobs of low damage, low health enemies

It's probably a lot easier for them to deal with primarily foot soldiers and 'riders' programming wise as opposed to trying make some Elder Bikes or what not

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, I agree the WHF stuff would work better with the Total War engine. I'm just kinda hoping the Dawn of War stuff isn't dropped altogether since THQ went bust.

A C&C style 40k game would have been great, Dawn of War was ok and all but never really had the 'base building' element quiet right, I want to be the one building the god damn fortresses, even if they had it like the LotR real time strategy games, that would be swell

Advertisement