Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Enough thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pity the sexy blonde one left she was nice to look at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The other blonde girl is really nice looking as well. But Daria is probably the best looking I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

If there was a shortage of cúnts Paige would make twenty of them. Didn't see why they got so mad at ZZ about his character

Yeah I think Paige is running the risk of alienating people who are fans of her outside of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thank God you guys also find Paige obnoxious. She keeps cutting across DB and contestants. I get she slid into the Simon Cowell role but she's getting go-away heat from me.

On the flip side, Patrick did a masterful job - he won the hearts of every wrestling fan whilst also saying the right things to the judges ("I'm from the indies but I'm here to learn WWE's way"). Absolutely killed it and batted away anything Tanner tried to pick up on him. Big shame Daria's gone - she showed in Tough Talk that she creates drama & is the foil for Gabi. Plus WWE could use the positive PR with a lesbian contestant. A double length show but definitely an improvement on last week.

I thought that Daria would have been the one to have won the female section of the competition. I voted ZZ all the way though.

I cringed through all of the entrances, especially Sara Lee's which was so bad the second time around that I closed the video on my phone for a few seconds until it ended. Did anyone notice when Daria was interviewed at the end when Renee asked her about the support she was getting from everyone including from the LGBT community, Daria just answered the question without referring to the LGBT. Then when she finished talking Renee asked her again about the LGBT community to which she finally answered about them, gotta get that lesbian publicity!

Is cúnt Paige supposed to be a work or is she really a cúnt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'm starting to dislike ZZ - really annoyed me this week! I also think with the public vote he will stay in a lot longer than he deserves to!

Patrick killed it this week, he was brilliant!

Still hate the layout of the show and how they are doing it, too much live sh!te not enough actual competition, too much Jericho (seriously Chris - just f*ck off), and paige was an uber cúnt this week!

• Advertisement

Yep there's definitely not enough actual competition going on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the voting sucks, it will keep people in far longer than they deserve case and point this weeks vote where the one who deserved to stay went home because ZZ has personality and Sarah Lee is popular enough online.

Her entrance the second time was literally just her walking around the judges, or did I miss when she did something?

Plus 3 weeks in and all they have done is run the ropes and bump in the wrestling ring. I would hope they would at least show a short training montage to show they have been doing some during the past few weeks while having swamp swimming challenges etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not enjoying this season at all, we barely see anything of the contestants and it just feels cheap when they are in the live studio, maybe after 4 years I am seeing the last season through rose coloured glasses, but it was head and shoulders above what we have now.

Looks like USA are not that happy with it either, well according to the dirtsheets.
    USA Network officials reportedly believe pro wrestling's popularity is cycling downward, which is indicated by the recent decline in ratings.

USA Network feels that the format of Tough Enough being taped and live isn't working because it doesn't give the judges enough time to make fair decisions, and fans are only given a few minutes instead of a full day or full week to vote. They apparently feel this turns off the audience and leads to a poor word-of-mouth buzz.

USA also felt Steve Austin was a dynamic presence with charisma that carried the previous Tough Enough season, while Chris Jericho comes off as a game show host. They aren't blaming Jericho for anything as much as they are blaming the format of the show. They feel Tough Enough comes off like a game show instead of a reality TV competition.

Additionally, USA is concerned with the fact that the last two Tough Enough winners -- Daniel Puder and Andy Leavine -- were released by WWE before ever amounting to anything in the promotion. The feeling is that winning the show means nothing, which is another reason why fans don't seem to care about the show.

Chelsea Green is set to join Tough Enough after the departure of Dianna. You might remember her as the Physical Therapist of Daniel Bryan that Stephanie McMahon claimed he had an affair with.
    https://twitter.com/ToughChelseaG/status/618635169772081153

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

She was trained by Lance Storm also.

I'm annoyed that nobody's annoyed that TE are bringing in a new contestant after 3 rounds of eliminations! Jack Tunney shall hear of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that nobody's annoyed that TE are bringing in a new contestant after 3 rounds of eliminations! Jack Tunney shall hear of this.

She was at the Tough Enough tryouts, was mysteriously removed and was never announced as eliminated . Everyone who was following closely twigged she would be an alternate.

rovert wrote: »
    She was at the Tough Enough tryouts, was mysteriously removed and was never announced as eliminated . Everyone who was following closely twigged she would be an alternate.
    Yeah Jay you f*cking noob! :D

LOL. The competition started with a set 13, and has been running for weeks, substitutions are bull****! If WWE's Claire Lynch wins, does Dianna get the contract? Like Orton winning the US title for Booker T :rolleyes::p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Paige comes across as a bit of a c*nt on this. Sorry but she seems very catty and is pretty unfunny.

when they were doing the ring extrances during the vote off this week...holy cow that was cringe

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh no that wasn't what that post was about at all. Wasn't talking about paying attention to the show moreso online and news.

Just Chelsea was the most obvious ringer of ringers. Along with being Daniel Bryan's therapist Chelsea has been apart of WWE potential signee mix for ages. She had WWE Performance Center tryout in January. Casey of Square Circle Sirens spotted that the weekend after the Tough Enough auditions a month ago she posted a selfie on Instagram wearing a cast member shirt. She deleted the picture really quick after Casey pointed it out.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Paige comes across as a bit of a c*nt on this. Sorry but she seems very catty and is pretty unfunny.

when they were doing the ring extrances during the vote off this week...holy cow that was cringe
    Don't worry we all feel the same about Paige! I had to turn off the stream for a minute when watching those entrances.

when they were doing the ring entrances during the vote off this week...holy cow that was cringe

Sara Lee's was so devoid of any kind of charisma I had to rethink me rooting for her! Holy God. The judges actually thought it was an improvement which is scary

Patrick trying to get the ride off Georgia!

Personally, I don't think she's great looking other than her body but all the females have great bodies to be fair.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sara Lee's was so devoid of any kind of charisma I had to rethink me rooting for her! Holy God. The judges actually thought it was an improvement which is scary
    I think Booker T mentioned something about her eyes which is pretty useless when we can't see that. Sara Lee should have went out last week, I've no idea why people vote for her so much.

I actually tweeted Daria out of guilt because I voted for ZZ and got a couple of favourites and retweets. I short-sightedly believed that the "LGBT community" would keep her in the competition. Georgia would seem like the next best option for the female competition I think, if personality is a factor. Can't really say much more on her as we don't see much wrestling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've only seen a few minutes so far, but I felt that Paige was asked to be the "Mean British Judge" character that a lot of those reality shows have nowadays, ala Simon Cowell....

They should really work on having some sort of continuity between all of their different shows though, as we're meant to be feeling sympathy for her on Raw and SmackDown currently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They should really work on having some sort of continuity between all of their different shows though, as we're meant to be feeling sympathy for her on Raw and SmackDown currently.

You don't mean to suggest that the WWE writers should actually put...shock horror....effort into the Diva characters? :confused:

Yes. that's what I mean. the women are only as over as they're allowed to be, it looks to me.

• Advertisement

USA Network are running a fan favourite poll about Tough Enough:
    http://www.usanetwork.com/wwetoughenough/fan-favorite-poll

Advertisement