Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Enough thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So who will replace Hulk as a judge.

Flair? Michaels? Sting? Nash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Only name I've seen tossed around is Bret. We'll find out tomorrow!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus ZZ has to go this week

Ah lads , i really wish ZZ would **** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I hope zz wins. He is young, has charisma to burn and can get better. Much better than that charisma vacuum tanner and the poor mans Roman reign lookalike who are left. I say Vince will have a meltdown if zz wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This whole series is just awful - after all the good Miz did on Tough Talk he was an utter tool as a judge! The guests are awful and wasted, challenges arent given their proper time and all the live stuff is just utter Bollocks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Always enjoyed tough enough but now im at the stage where im actually wondering why im watching. The eliminating process is so messed up too as ideally Patrick and Mada would have been 2 of the final 3 guys for me and I say that as someone who had gone off Patrick somewhat and thought Mada was a little 1 dimensional.

Was funny looking at Mada's face when on stage and during tough talk. Half the time he just had his head down and honestly looked like he was constantly thinking "I'm going home and your still here" while listening to Tanners promos, the girls bitching and ZZs entire spiel.

Apart from the now annoying Yeti call what does Josh do? The Tanner / Chelsea bits are so cringeworthy and tbh Chelsea in general is pretty weak considering she has experience. Sara Lee is popular so she could maybe challenge with the woman but Gigi seems like the only winner out of men or woman tbh and I don't think I even really like her.

Yea there is not one who would really stick out for me as a winner or anything special tbh. I do wonder why im watching it but i feel since i started it i need to finish it .

I can see either Sarah Lee(have they dropped the lee part?) and ZZ winning sadly.

I knew Miz was gonna save Amanda tho.

There is not enough wrestling action , all they show is a 2 - 3 min montage of in ring work

This week's show is on YouTube (watch it quick as they make it private in a day or two)

Tough Enough

Tough Talk

Pretty average episode. Patrick never did much on the week-to-week show so wasn't missed. Bloom is off the rose with ZZ, he’s not being funny, he’s both sulking and sucking at the challenges. They haven’t quite thrown ZZ under the bus but they are strongly highlighting his negatives, and although he never says anything bad, they’re letting him hang himself. Still the most popular though, 4 more episodes left, he might be able to push through.
    Sad to see Miz demoted to judge, Bryon saxton isn't halfway as charismatic. WHERE'S STEINER?! He would be perfect with a semi-live mic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Quality piece of trolling by Miz in the final three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They should have thrown Jericho as the Judge and leave Miz be. Miz is a fantastic asset when used correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Only got the time to post about it now. Getting very tired of ZZ now but I'm glad he has started trying to get fit now at the very least. Josh was nowhere to be seen all episode :O. I can't bare Georgia, one of the biggest reasons being is that she's a wreckless looking thing. The whole thing with Team Bad was boring, especially Tamina doing her dreadful splash which understandably didn't hurt any of them which defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place.
    Oh, and this :D:
    https://twitter.com/MikeJanela/status/624597666551345152

WWE want ZZ gone apparently, video inside the article of Billy Gunn roasting him:
    http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-trying-to-manipulate-tough-enough-voting.php

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

WWE want ZZ gone apparently, video inside the article of Billy Gunn roasting him:
    http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-trying-to-manipulate-tough-enough-voting.php

Unless they manipulate the votes, I can see ZZ staying for more weeks to come, plus fans hearing that they want him gone will probably vote to keep him in.

Good way to do it would be for Daniel and Paige to use their saves on the other two people in the bottom three so ZZ has to go, but that would look mean and deliberate at the same time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good way to do it would be for Daniel and Paige to use their saves on the other two people in the bottom three so ZZ has to go, but that would look mean and deliberate at the same time.

Just thinking the same thing, it honestly would not shock me and they could always manipulate the footage so that they don't look to bad and like he doesent deserve to be there. Paige has been playing a bit more of an outspoken biatchy character on there anyway and DB could get away with it too by using his save first and on someone they portray as not being deserving of being in the final 3 anyway.

Just thinking the same thing, it honestly would not shock me and they could always manipulate the footage so that they don't look to bad and like he doesent deserve to be there. Paige has been playing a bit more of an outspoken biatchy character on there anyway and DB could get away with it too by using his save first and on someone they portray as not being deserving of being in the final 3 anyway.
    The Full Sail Screwjob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's hard to know who is going to win it. Hate the new format

The Seth Rollins clone guy mite win it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

According to the same reports Vince is really high on Josh.

• Advertisement

The burying begins!

On another note, I get the impression that Billy is a great trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

As much as I hate WWE trying to manipulate the fans into voting a certain way, ZZ genuinely looks like a fat ****e. I say this as someone who's packed on quite a few lbs myself in the last year, not having a personal dig at him. Go to any pub in Ireland and you'll find someone with his body type, but instead of being 18 they'll be over 50!

He's got seemingly average to below average athletic ability for his size, which you can't say for the other contestants. It's scripted but every single WWE superstar would be considered an elite athlete by normal standards. He's got loads of charisma and is very funny, but he belongs on Reality TV and not in the ring. WWE shot themselves in the foot here. The public were obviously gonna eat him up, this is Reality TV and that's bread and butter for a character like ZZ.

Other than maybe the first two weeks ZZ hasn't shown much actual character or humour which is his main trait. He's been quite since then as far as I can remember. But it seems that those first two weeks were all it took to leave a lasting impression on the huge amount of people who vote for him each and every week

Other than maybe the first two weeks ZZ hasn't shown much actual character or humour which is his main trait. He's been quite since then as far as I can remember. But it seems that those first two weeks were all it took to leave a lasting impression on the huge amount of people who vote for him each and every week

I suppose one way to look at it is he's shown humour in the first two weeks then nothing after while the others haven't shown anything for the first two weeks or after. If they hadn't gone for fitness models they probably could've gotten a nice medium of athletic people who are also funny and charismatic

ZZ isn't an athlete of any sort, I don't know how he's supposed to hang with people who are already physically fit and/or already wrestlers. How he's the most charismatic by far out of everyone says more about the rest of the contestants! I imagine WWE wanted him to be weeded out immediately but thanks to everyone else being a charisma vacuum, the fans have latched on with him. Sorta the same thing happened with Sarah Lee, WWE wanted her out for weeks but fans kept her in it, and now WWE've given up.
    Not really looking forward to WWE nastily-editing the footage to show ZZ in the worst possible light. I'd say the voters are smart enough to see through it but they didn't see through TE's burial of Patrick.

I also need to complain about how despite Amanda being saved, they still had to send someone home! That's BS! Surely then no-one goes home! Boooo! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The burying begins! I won't be watching live tonight

This is on tonight i.e. now or tomorrow night?

Tinie wrote: »
    This is on tonight i.e. now or tomorrow night?
    Got my sh*t mixed up, it's on tomorrow night/Wednesday morning at 1AM.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ZZ isn't an athlete of any sort, I don't know how he's supposed to hang with people who are already physically fit and/or already wrestlers. How he's the most charismatic by far out of everyone says more about the rest of the contestants! I imagine WWE wanted him to be weeded out immediately but thanks to everyone else being a charisma vacuum, the fans have latched on with him. Sorta the same thing happened with Sarah Lee, WWE wanted her out for weeks but fans kept her in it, and now WWE've given up.
    Not really looking forward to WWE nastily-editing the footage to show ZZ in the worst possible light. I'd say the voters are smart enough to see through it but they didn't see through TE's burial of Patrick.

I also need to complain about how despite Amanda being saved, they still had to send someone home! That's BS! Surely then no-one goes home! Boooo! :D

Did they bury Patrick? Surely he's one of the ideal winners for them? Or do they see more potential and don't want him associated with tough enough? I didn't think they had much reason to bury him, ZZ on the other hand... That'll literally be 250,000 down the drain.

The ratings are bad, but does anyone know are WWE losing money on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It sickens me to think that if (and when) ZZ wins - he will go to NXT and go over the likes of Tyler Breeze/Hideo Itami! :(

• Advertisement

He won't make it to NXT, they'll throw him in the performance center for 12 months and won't renew him.

Advertisement