Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Enough thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So public vote will give Sarah Lee the win then, another Dirty Lee for Jay & the OSW boys anyway

With the guys you really gotta think it'll be ZZ too once again just cos of the public vote. That said WWE def would prefer Josh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Sara pretty much has this competition in the bag.

It is going to be a toss up who male winner of this season is going to be, but my money is on ZZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I say he ever came up with the voting format for this show will have his p45 in the post once it's done. Had the potential to be a good show and I do enjoy certain aspects of it but the choosing of the contestants was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I enjoyed the sahow this week - finally more dealing with in ring challenges and less faffing around - its just annoying that ZZ is going to win, i still think he is all kinds of awful and I don't get why they were praising him for shaking the ropes - i thought he looked like an idiot doing it!

Wonder what the NXT guys actually thought though sitting there watching them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just shows that the public want a nice plain jane instead of plastic Oompa-Loompa and a fat shy guy who loves his momma instead of a meathead, more than likely though everyone voting just wants to screw with the show :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I get the feeling if wwe aired the competitors matches live without editing (music, slow motion etc) it wouldve exposed everyone as light years from being ready to actually wrestle.
    It's weird that the winners will just get a high paying first year in NXT, rather than what wwe try market it as (a new wrestling star in 10 weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They were matches entirely built around hiptosses, power slams and shoulder tackles. There was literally nothing too them. They don't seem to have developed much considering they've been "training" for nine weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

really enjoying it the last couple weeks, seems to have found some rhythm since Miz joined. Tanner is like Bryan-lite, he knows it as well with the shirts he wears, so think he'll win on the male side. Think Amanda could spring a surprise as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I get the feeling if wwe aired the competitors matches live without editing (music, slow motion etc) it wouldve exposed everyone as light years from being ready to actually wrestle.
    It's weird that the winners will just get a high paying first year in NXT, rather than what wwe try market it as (a new wrestling star in 10 weeks).

Yeah, would be much better to have people who are already relatively established wrestlers competing against each other. Sort of like TUF gets guys that are actually trained already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »

NXT doesn't even let trainees near a Wrestling ring until after 8-10 weeks of being there. Probably for both "respect the biz" and 2015 insurance/liability reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So we are down to the final four and interestingly ZZ did not get the biggest vote from the WWE universe last time so perhaps the WWE will get what they want and JoshThe Yeti will win the thing.

Meanwhile with the girls I still think Sara Lee might take it cos of the public vote because unlike Josh who is still a nice likeable guy I dont think Amanda realized that the public have such a big part to play in this until it was too late and thus has a more heelish or b!tchy persona which may work when in the business but on a reality show where the popular vote determines the winner it may jsut count against her.

edit: watched Tough Talk.... I wonder how many of the voters do, cos they really beat home the WWEs opinion this week i.e first half was all ragging on ZZ in particular for his cardio (even D Bryan making valid points on it which could hurt him) and then the last 10mins was all against "ring rat" Sara Lee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Turning it back old school with finishers such as the diving crossbody and the running powerslam, Bah Gawd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I voted for ZZ, as I have done since the start. I want to see how WWE get out of this fiasco!

Doesn't matter who they're in there with if all they can do is run the ropes, hip toss, powerslam and their finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounds bad but ZZ reminds me of someone with special needs but if he wins he will need a lot of work to become successful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

ZZ will need that full year to get himself to a really good level of fitness, that and to get his head in the game with regards to how tough the discipline actually will be and to develop his life around that. Josh is ideally the big strong lad that Vince would love to see up on main roster eventually, but the vote trolling might scupper those plans.

Sara Lee will win out ahead of Amanda. She seems to still have what Amanda said earlier (the girl next door), the fans might like a face to train up trough developmental, we shall see how it pans out in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

ZZ & Sara to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Doesn't really matter who wins, nobody in that top 4 will ever make it. Josh has the look but that's all he's got. It takes years to become a competent wrestler, and seeing as he is coming in with little to no interest or knowledge of the business, it's unlikely he'll give up a few years of his life to relatively thankless work. ZZ doesn't have what it takes full stop.

The diva division up until recently was a joke and looks played too much of a part than they should've, it seems to be changing (not that the newbies are bad looking) and if that trend continues the two female contestants have no chance either.

Basically this is an extremely pointless show, I don't care who wins and it needs to be done away with or undergo a lot of changes. Don't recruit fitness models or MMA fighters, get guys who are wrestlers by trade that are relatively undiscovered.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sarah just seems like another Bayley type character

• Advertisement

The undisputed, cringiest moment of this season and there's been a lot of cringy moments!

Dana showing favouritism?

CM4-evcWcAAWkO3.png
    CM4-ewhWEAIMQmZ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jaysus! WWE should just air that and kill ZZ and Sarah Lee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What time does the finale start at tonight ?

1AM, I'll post a link.

Sorry for the delay Bret took a while to find:
    https://youtu.be/CXZEWOJEHUM

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry for the delay Bret took a while to find

Did you try Canada he loves the place!

Jericho has been lashing the bottox in since last week by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Come on ZZ and Sara.

• Advertisement

That botch by amanda was nasty

Advertisement