Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Enough thread

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

I would say Paige's salary is in and around 100k alright, yep, maybe a little more now, but that would be absolute downside, same as for any other wrestler. With Paige, especially with AJ gone, she is a merchandising cash cow, along with her other appearances/house show bonuses and tours etc, I would be surprised if she wasnt clearing 250k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

So now that it's all said and done, what would you rate the season out of 10?
    6/10 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So now that it's all said and done, what would you rate the season out of 10?
    6/10 for me.

WAY too generous imo!

It gets a 3 at a push for me - I thought it was utter sh!te!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Splicing the live aspect with the pre-recorded bots just didn't work and the less said about the three minute public vote at the end of each episode the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I would say Paige's salary is in and around 100k alright, yep, maybe a little more now, but that would be absolute downside, same as for any other wrestler. With Paige, especially with AJ gone, she is a merchandising cash cow, along with her other appearances/house show bonuses and tours etc, I would be surprised if she wasnt clearing 250k.

So why did you ask if I was on drugs when your basically agreeing with what I've said :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I didn't like this live format because it was basically a popularity contest and the challenges each week were pretty much a non-factor in the grand scheme of things.

The only person that I liked from the show was Mada and I really hope WWE still pick him up.

This was the worst or second worst season of Tough Enough of all-time next to 2004 one, but at least that season got The Miz, Ryback and The Boogeyman.

3/10 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

5/10

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I love Tough Enough, the format (usually) just works for a Wrestling fan watching and even when it isn't great it can make fascinating viewing. For that reason I can't really give it less than a 5/10 but this season is getting no more than that for me due to a plethora of reasons inc the live format but the top 2 for me would be:

1) a Poor cast.
    Honestly very few of the cast actually stand out in any way nor do any of them seem like potential stars of the future.

2)The voting set up
    As said it turned it into a popularity contest and made tasks, wrestling ability etc irrelevant in many ways. It meant one of the winners wasn't actually Tough Enough to be a WWE Diva in the coaches/judges minds.

Honestly would love a season where they stacked the show with people with wrestling experience and hope this season does not deter them from doing another season (on the network cos for one thing im sure USA won't touch it atm) next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

3/10 for me. I enjoyed parts of episodes but the cast was largely terrible and seemingly picked purely on their visual appeal. I don't know how the WWE haven't realised that it's much easier for people to bulk up/lean out than it is for them to gain 5+ years of wrestling experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

So wwe.com running a poll to see which tough enough competitor should be given a 2nd chance...

I smell a definate fix... Mada uploaded a screenshot of the poll result yesterday.. about 3 hours before I voted.
    But the results and number of votes cast were the exact same even after I, and presumably thousands more people voted.
    Today it's still the same figures.. Oh WWE....

1%Alex
    2%Amanda
    4%Chelsea
    0%Daria
    0%Dianna
    1%Gabi
    6%GiGi
    1%Hank
    72%Mada
    9%Patrick
    3%Tanner
    1%ZZ

Total votes: 42445

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I honestly thought mada sucked. I'd rather them work on zz than that idiot. Love to see Patrick get a 2nd shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Definite fix. ZZ would be on way more than 1%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

ricero wrote: »
    I honestly thought mada sucked. I'd rather them work on zz than that idiot. Love to see Patrick get a 2nd shot

If you watch some his indy stuff online all he does is these stupid screams. Terrible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I smell a definite fix

1%Alex
    2%Amanda
    4%Chelsea
    0%Daria
    0%Dianna
    1%Gabi
    6%GiGi
    1%Hank
    72%Mada
    9%Patrick
    3%Tanner
    1%ZZ

Total votes: 42445

JAYSUS did they even try to make it look legitimate?! He's down to 57% which is still really suspicious. Maybe everyone was blown away by his crazy-eyes and Pharaoh gimmick

There's no way that some of them received no votes. I'd say Daria would have gotten a lot of votes. I thought of all the women she was the one who could have actually been something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Amanda was backstage at Raw hanging out with the Divas. The pictures posted on social seemed like she was bonding with them rather than just visiting and being a fan.

There's a female spot open in NXT since Zahra got fired.

I guess Seth Rollins doesn't have enough pull to keep a white supremacist or whatever the **** she is on the roster. I'd say they're raging that they showed her onscreen at Takeover. Amanda would be good I think, but it'll look bad if she pops up on-screen before Sara.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Amanda seems to have gotten good news:
    https://twitter.com/ToughAmanda/status/638811423225815040

Advertisement