Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Education requirements

• 23-04-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering is it still worth applying for the Guards if I have only English in the leaving cert? Iv 3 higher subjects, English,maths,history and 9 years in the Defence Forces :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

If you dont have a second language, you'll need to do the Irish proficiency test pre-entry. Apart from that you're good to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

madbadger wrote: »
    If you dont have a second language, you'll need to do the Irish proficiency test pre-entry. Apart from that you're good to go. :)

Oh that's grand so, thanks :) .. Would you know what is involved in the Garda irish proficiency test? Is grammar test etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Seanmul89 wrote: »
    Oh that's grand so, thanks :) .. Would you know what is involved in the Garda irish proficiency test? Is grammar test etc?

Would like to know this also. I might go back and get some LC langague which would be the easiest to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

I didn't have to do it myself, so i don't really know, but from what i heard it was quite hard. A number of people failed it and there was no option for appeal / resit.

Advertisement