Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is bank of ireland down again?

Options
  • 23-04-2015 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Is bank of ireland having problems again? My wages havent come through and i know my employer lodged it tuesday so im thinking it could be the banks problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Must be. I didn't get paid either, few others in work with BofI also not paid 

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Teachers with bank of ireland didn't get paid today. 

• Registered Users Posts: 26 atsural

Also didn't get paid today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

This is the last straw. Off to tsb I go. Pathetic answer people getting on Twitter 'payments can appear at multiple times during a day and will be credited when they are received.'
    Hold up your hands and admit you messed up. Stop blaming people's employers. 

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scrappyshelly

I would like to know also. My money has not gone in either and scheduled standing orders are not showing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No money for me either.
    Summon the Lynch Mob!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 neilq5

ohbygod wrote: »
    Is bank of ireland having problems again? My wages havent come through and i know my employer lodged it tuesday so im thinking it could be the banks problem

Thank god I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

For god sake ive direct debits due to come out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Didn't get paid either. And the 365 site seems to be down now. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Site is working for me but iOS app not working.
    Still no money though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

No issues here ,got paid and the site and app are working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Maybe its the rich that got paid and the poor got poorer

• Registered Users Posts: 32 happym

Hi, no BTE paid in.
    I notice not peep out of BoI reps on Boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I didn't get paid either, any chance BOI could tell us what is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi All, 

Thank you for your posts today. 

We assure you that we are processing payments. If you are due to receive credits today, they will be with you shortly. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Hi All, 

We assure you that we are processing payments. If you are due to receive credits today, they will be with you shortly. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Any explanation for the f**k up? Any?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

Hi, Elaine, I'm due to get paid tonight and my wages always come in around the 7 clock in the morning, I have to lodge out that money from the atm and be gone before 8 tomorrow, is there going to be a problem with wages again tomorrow? Juat after noticing my account is also blocked saying I've entered the incorrect details
    elsa21 wrote: »
    Hi All, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I did not get paid either. Rang the bank and they said it will be in later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Hi Elsa,

Not speaking for BOI. But, if you get a regular payment into your account, it might be worth going into your local BOI branch and ask them for an interest free advance based on what you said above. Bit of an inconvenience, but might put your mind to rest. 

Has anyone's account being locked though, mine keeps saying I've entered the incorrect pin and I'm sure I haven't. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How on earth can a Financial Institution not have operational monitoring on their website and servers in 2015 ? This issue should never have been detected by a customer. I've only recently joined BOI but am gobsmacked by how amateurish this is.

Geniass wrote: »
    Hi Elsa,

Not speaking for BOI. But, if you get a regular payment into your account, it might be worth going into your local BOI branch and ask them for an interest free advance based on what you said above. Bit of an inconvenience, but might put your mind to rest. 
    Is that possible? I'm really worried now. My wages were input monday and go in tonight, but going on whats happened today, I'm worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

THis is the 3rd time this has happened in 12 months. And it's always Bank of Ireland.

If a Direct Debit goes out now, and I end up over drawn, will the Bank cover this? It's not my fault the wages aren't in the account to cover a possible Direct Debit.

I'm off to PTSB also I think

No reply from banks to comment on tomorrow. Switching also after this. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bank of Ireland sent their production support to India. Reaction times to problems are much slower now because the people who know how to fix these problems were all let go as the bank wanted to do things cheaper

I have no choice now but to go into an overdraft situation. I have exactly €2.43 cents in my account, because BOI fúcked up again, and there's no wages.

I have to put petrol in my car to get home. I want to know, and soon, will the overdraft charge be waivered?

I've requested a call back from Permanent TSB regarding opening a current account. I'm done with BOI after this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've requested a call back from Permanent TSB regarding opening a current account. I'm done with BOI after this

PTSB record isn't much better in this regard?

Addle wrote: »
    PTSB record isn't much better in this regard?

Well it can't be worse. Plus, their fee structure is far more favourable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

The credit unions will be offering full current account facilities very soon.  I'll be moving my business there.....

Advertisement