Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is bank of ireland down again?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Addle wrote: »
    PTSB record isn't much better in this regard?

Well it can't be worse. Plus, their fee structure is far more favourable.
    To be fair I found PTSB  a nightmare to deal with when it came to Loans/Mortgages etc. Which is why I moved to BOI.
    The grass isn't always greener.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

No wages here either, ffs, I have direct debits coming out too.
    My husbands AIB did this to us at the start of the week too, completely ****ed us up and we were scraping penneys together to pay bills.

What the hell is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No one in our company that's with BOI got paid today yet me and anyone else with other banks did. Most of the BOI customers are in the process of moving to PTSB as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

No one in our company that's with BOI got paid today yet me and anyone else with other banks did. Most of the BOI customers are in the process of moving to PTSB as we speak.
    This is an absoloute disgrace by the bank. And no explanation  yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

I noticed other posts were responded to around 10 am and there was no further post responded to here on this thread other than to say money is being processed. I think this is the first time I have ever gotten irrate about this , but its due to the fact that it has happened before, no apology and the bills and plans that I have made which I need my wages for aren't sympathetic to this sort of mishap, so BOI have a lot to answer for or at least apologise and explain what happened. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

Did anyone else not get their social welfare payment this morning. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

No money for food today and I on an invalidity pension. Get a move on BOI. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Private sector ineptitude yet again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

God, you'd get fed up with this.

Same story here, two payments due into my account today, neither have happened and now I'm going to be either tight or overdrawn.
    It's particularly annoying given the amount of fees on current account I pay - which tend to be around 60 per quarter - for what? you'd have to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

India ineptitude at Bank Of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

From what I am hearing this is a much bigger issue, was just in a branch and all of their applications are down. People screaming at the tellers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

BOI staff get paid on 23rd monthly as well AFAIK.  Might explain why we've had non response from them here for some time....

Lux23 wrote: »
    From what I am hearing this is a much bigger issue, was just in a branch and all of their applications are down. People screaming at the tellers!!
    And I don't blame the tellers at all, feel sorry for them, it's not their fault and they are doing their job, but really resent the lack of information or apology being provided by customer services and from above. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

From Siliconrepublic: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/41725-boi-says-there-are-no-issu
    BOI says there are 'no issues' with payments as nation raises issues with payments
    On the day when many people across the country are having their wages put into their bank accounts, Bank of Ireland (BOI) users nationwide are reporting issues with payments from employers.

Perhaps it’s the good weather or perhaps it’s a clerical error, but BOI are finding themselves on the end of an angry Twitter storm from customers who have found that their pay is not where its supposed to be.

Customers using the BOI app for mobile phones have also had issues connecting with it and are being presented with a message that reads: “We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.”

However, the bank has issued a plea to customers that it is aware of the issue and that the funds will be transferred “shortly”.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

elsa21 wrote: »
    I noticed other posts were responded to around 10 am and there was no further post responded to here on this thread other than to say money is being processed. I think this is the first time I have ever gotten irrate about this , but its due to the fact that it has happened before, no apology and the bills and plans that I have made which I need my wages for aren't sympathetic to this sort of mishap, so BOI have a lot to answer for or at least apologise and explain what happened. 
    Thing is, this is the 3rd time in 12 months. Entirely unacceptable, when you see the amount they are deducting in quarterly fees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

How on earth can a Financial Institution not have operational monitoring on their website and servers in 2015 ? This issue should never have been detected by a customer. I've only recently joined BOI but am gobsmacked by how amateurish this is.

Do you really believe that this issue was detected by a customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Funny... even more so when you realise AIB is almost 100% owned by the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Addle wrote: »
    PTSB record isn't much better in this regard?

I've never had issues like this since banking with them from the early 90s.

Geniass wrote: »
    Hi Elsa,

Not speaking for BOI. But, if you get a regular payment into your account, it might be worth going into your local BOI branch and ask them for an interest free advance based on what you said above. Bit of an inconvenience, but might put your mind to rest. 
    Is that possible? I'm really worried now. My wages were input monday and go in tonight, but going on whats happened today, I'm worried now.
    It should be. Maybe even a phone call would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How on earth can a Financial Institution not have operational monitoring on their website and servers in 2015 ? This issue should never have been detected by a customer. I've only recently joined BOI but am gobsmacked by how amateurish this is.

Well if you check Twitter they've been questioned since about 4-5am about the issue.
    So from the sounds of things they were not aware themselves.  And any good financial company would have have disaster recovery scenarios for these type of events.

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    And I don't blame the tellers at all, feel sorry for them, it's not their fault and they are doing their job, but really resent the lack of information or apology being provided by customer services and from above. 
    The tellers are always the first to get it. Agree, it's not their fault at all. 

What I resent is that the Bank came out and said "Oh, there's no problem at all". Lies. Ineptitude. No money. Incompetence. Bad PR. Spitting in customers faces. Lack of regard for customer service. Silence. All these words and more are true of BOI this morning. 

High time the Central Bank slapped a few fines onto BOI. 3rd time in 12 months - anywhere else in the world and there would be huge hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Well if it wasn't and BOI knew there was an issue, they made a bad call not letting customers know there would be an issue this morning.

The bank promised that all accounts would be credited by 11am this morning. Nearly 12 now and not a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ChewyLewy

Still not a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Well if you check Twitter they've been questioned since about 4-5am about the issue.
    So from the sounds of things they were not aware themselves.  And any good financial company would have have disaster recovery scenarios for these type of events.
    They knew about this overnight. A problem can occur but then the problem can snowball. Deadlines get missed. The communication nowadays is not as good as it used to be because the overnight is being managed 3000 miles away in India

ChewyLewy wrote: »
    Still not a penny
    I'd be even more surprised if you saw pennies in your Euro account! :p

I just logged onto my account it and it says my login details are incorrect and my account may be blocked. I'm raging over this. 

I just logged onto my account it and it says my login details are incorrect and my account may be blocked. I'm raging over this. 
    Stop logging in. Call them.

Can't until I go on break from work otherwise I would have :( Was just wondering if anyone else is the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Can't until I go on break from work otherwise I would have :( Was just wondering if anyone else is the same
    I think everyone is locked out, they have said everyone will be paid by close of business, so fingers crossed.

Advertisement