Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is bank of ireland down again?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi everyone,

Bank of Ireland confirms that all credits due today have been applied to accounts. Standing orders and direct debits are unaffected. We extend an apology to any customers who may have been inconvenienced by the late posting of some credits.

Thanks

Billy

InishGael wrote: »
    Billy,
    My wages have appeared in my account however balance is incorrect. I have an overdraft of €300 & was slightly under that prior to my wages going in.
    However balance on 365 showing -500 instead of -300 before wages went in.
    So although being paid, suddenly I'm 200 short? Has the glitches maybe messed up my balance? And how soon until things are rectified as that money required by tomorrow for bills?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi InishGael,

Thanks for your post.

Can you please let us know if you are expecting a debit card transaction, standing order or direct debit to leave your account for €200?

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

Billy,
    My wages have appeared in my account however balance is incorrect. I have an overdraft of €300 & was slightly under that prior to my wages going in.
    However balance on 365 showing -500 instead of -300 before wages went in.
    So although being paid, suddenly I'm 200 short? Has the glitches maybe messed up my balance? And how soon until things are rectified as that money required by tomorrow for bills?
    Thanks in advance.
    Just a thought... but is there any way you didn't pay the Local Property Tax?

It seems that the Govt are taking the LPT direct from wages at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Hi InishGael,

Thanks for your post.

Can you please let us know if you are expecting a debit card transaction, standing order or direct debit to leave your account for €200?

Thanks

Billy

Just looked, yeah I've 200 due to come out today. Assume this has been deducted from balance then however transaction itself not showing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Sorry Billy, you're incorrect re: the app.

Before I get to a login screen, I'm getting "We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later".

App is fully up to date, I'm connected to 4g and all else is fine.

Incidentally two transfers made from BOI accounts to me are also not showing up, nor is a payment due today. It's a complete mess.
    JSut to drop in in this , i havent been able to acces the app for monts using the mobile date. 
    only when connected to wifi 
    getting the same message We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later
    Hi dairina1991,

Thanks for your post.

We are aware of the message you refer to however we haven't heard of customers who can only access the mobile app through wifi and not through a mobile data connection. The app is used by a lot of customers using both wifi and mobile data connections. Please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 when you have mobile access and a representative will take some details and have this investigated.

Thanks

Billy
    hi billy, 
    i will defiantly will could you just tell me witch options should i take on that ph call (as you know they are so many there :D )and what are the opening hours ...
    Regards,
    Daira 

• Advertisement

Hi InishGael,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks

Billy

Just looked, yeah I've 200 due to come out today. Assume this has been deducted from balance then however transaction itself not showing up?
    Hi InishGael,

That's what it sounds like. If you keep an eye on your account, you should see details of transaction later on.

Thanks

Billy

Sorry Billy, you're incorrect re: the app.

Before I get to a login screen, I'm getting "We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later".

App is fully up to date, I'm connected to 4g and all else is fine.

Incidentally two transfers made from BOI accounts to me are also not showing up, nor is a payment due today. It's a complete mess.
    JSut to drop in in this , i havent been able to acces the app for monts using the mobile date. 
    only when connected to wifi 
    getting the same message We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later
    Hi dairina1991,

Thanks for your post.

We are aware of the message you refer to however we haven't heard of customers who can only access the mobile app through wifi and not through a mobile data connection. The app is used by a lot of customers using both wifi and mobile data connections. Please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 when you have mobile access and a representative will take some details and have this investigated.

Thanks

Billy
    hi billy, 
    i will defiantly will could you just tell me witch options should i take on that ph call (as you know they are so many there :D )and what are the opening hours ...
    Regards,
    Daira 
    Hi Daira,

If you call on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 and select option 5 followed by option 1 to speak to a rep, they will be happy to help. Reps are available from 8am- 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

All,
    The legal requirement when crediting wages / salaries to customers account is that it must be credited during the business day on which the payment is due. Only cash lodged to an account must be made available immediately to customers. There is no obligation on banks to post wages / salaries for early morning availability. Direct Debits and Standing Orders are not impacted as banks don't post these until after the credits have been processed.
    Ireland is one of the few countries in Europe (SEPA) that attempts to make payments available to customers from early morning. Over 80% of credits transfers in Europe are processed during the business day and not first thing in the morning. 

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Legislator wrote: »
    All,
    The legal requirement when crediting wages / salaries to customers account is that it must be credited during the business day on which the payment is due. Only cash lodged to an account must be made available immediately to customers. There is no obligation on banks to post wages / salaries for early morning availability. Direct Debits and Standing Orders are not impacted as banks don't post these until after the credits have been processed.
    Ireland is one of the few countries in Europe (SEPA) that attempts to make payments available to customers from early morning. Over 80% of credits transfers in Europe are processed during the business day and not first thing in the morning. 
    That may well be the case. But when people are used to having the money in their account by a certain time they make plans and budget around that. If BOI want to make it 5pm for example, fine, but let us know well in advance so we can plan accordingly.

The iOS app still isn't working for me btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wrong. Standing Orders are the very first thing that BOI take BEFORE EFT credits.
    If you don't have the funds, they reattempt to take the money 24 hours later e.g. if you missed the SO this morning, they will attempt it tonight.
    For SEPA Direct Debits, there are 4 attempts. The last one is at 4.30pm. If the money isn't there by then, the direct debit is unpaid.
    Legislator wrote: »
     Direct Debits and Standing Orders are not impacted as banks don't post these until after the credits have been processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lollipop19

Is Business online not working.  Need to do transfers today for staff wages and getting a message when i go to authorise "Error. click for details".  That brings a popup "Application Error" "NoClassDefFoundError"
    Can I assume this is all connected?
    When might it be working again? 
    Do I need to find another way to pay wages? Staff are off site so it will be a nightmare if I have to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

lollipop19 wrote: »
    Is Business online not working.  Need to do transfers today for staff wages and getting a message when i go to authorise "Error. click for details".  That brings a popup "Application Error" "NoClassDefFoundError"
    Can I assume this is all connected?
    When might it be working again? 
    Do I need to find another way to pay wages? Staff are off site so it will be a nightmare if I have to
    Hi lollipop19, 

Thank you for your post today. 

We would like to look into this further for you. Can you PM us with your name, branch name and contact number and we can arrange for someone to contact you regarding this. 

Just to mention, please do not include any account specific details in your PM. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

Sick to death with BOI. Problem again last weekend with bank and payments. My account showing wrong balance for several days. Some money never came in other payments that I made by card not deducted from account. Now being€10 overdraft fee. As soon as I get a chance to close I will. Sick of excuses. What is the point of having a debit card balance not correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have my Permanent TSB pack ready and waiting to fill out. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

cladda1112 wrote: »
    Sick to death with BOI. Problem again last weekend with bank and payments. My account showing wrong balance for several days. Some money never came in other payments that I made by card not deducted from account. Now being€10 overdraft fee.  As soon as I get a chance to close I will. Sick of excuses.  What is the point of having a debit card balance not correct.
    Hi Cladda1112,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your card and account balance. Debit card transactions can take up to 5 working days to fully debit your account this depends on when the retailer processes the transaction.

As your query is account specific please contact BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to check this for you.

Thanks again,

Tara C 

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

I do realise that but surely the deduction should be deducted from your balance straight away other wise do we have to go with a pen and paper and calculate our own acc balance after evert transaction. 

Advertisement