Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish business directories

Options
  • 23-04-2015 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

anyone got a good list of irish business directories which are (SEO) safe to list on. Just looking to list for the traffic rather than any backlinking juice.

thanks

Gareth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

IMO Google has gutted the need for directories so they receive & drive a fraction of the traffic they might have in the pre-Google era.

I'm interested to know what people think about this - is there still a need for directory sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Trojan wrote: »
    IMO Google has gutted the need for directories so they receive & drive a fraction of the traffic they might have in the pre-Google era.

I'm interested to know what people think about this - is there still a need for directory sites?
    I regard the people in Google who did this as pondscum intellected gobsh!tes. This is because Google's methodology of detecting new websites is flawed. It depends on detecting new sites by crawling links and sniffing data from analytics and spyware. In 2003, most ccTLD registries stopped publishing new registrations and their zonefiles. This meant that most ccTLDs went dark for Google and just about everyone else. As a direct result, search engines find it a lot more difficult to detect new ccTLD websites unless they have analytics or inbound links. Most new websites do not have any inbound links. Google and its FUDbuddies in the SEO business took care of that because the bozos in Google convinced people that linking was bad just because they hadn't the brainpower to solve their own spam and link quality issues. So that caused further problems for Google's link detection approach. By killing directories, the bozos in Google murdered a very good source of new websites. And with about 46% of each month's .com registrations not being renewed, the ccTLDs are far more important now than they were.

There is a need for good, well maintained directories but they face the major problem of detecting new sites rather than just relying on people to submit new sites. It can be done but there are very few people capable of doing it properly. It is not a job for the average webmaster.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gareth Sherry

Trojan wrote: »

yeah good point...probably not worth time and effort listing

Advertisement