Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Horsebox in UK

Options
  • 23-04-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Do the same policies for bringing in a car to Ireland apply here? I've seen a box in the North I'm interested in but not sure of policies/procedures around using it in Ireland then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

Horse box trailer? or horse box truck?

I bought my trailer up the north, you just use it as you would if you bought it down here, make sure before you buy its not nicked/stolen!

for truck you would have to register/pay vrt/doe test/tax/ insure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

mothoin wrote: »
    Horse box trailer? or horse box truck?

I bought my trailer up the north, you just use it as you would if you bought it down here, make sure before you buy its not nicked/stolen!

for truck you would have to register/pay vrt/doe test/tax/ insure

Horse trailer :)

That's great, I wasn't sure if as it was technically a vehicle if you'd need to pay VRT on it. Yeah there's a UK database of stolen horseboxes I believe, similiar to the one we have here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

there database is far superioir to ours I think, but yea check database, check horsebox, pay money, hitch and drive!

do you know enough to go buy a box on your own? its not as simple as you might think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

mothoin wrote: »
    do you know enough to go buy a box on your own? its not as simple as you might think!

I don't! And definitely know that it's a tricky game. I am looking into buying from a dealer as it will be serviced and under warranty, and will bring an experienced friend with me. If you have any tips for me though I would appreciate them :)

Advertisement