Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens PIR wiring help

Options
  • 23-04-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a PIR that I bought for my SPC 4320. I am having huge difficulty wiring it and I suspect it should be easy! All my issues are coming from EOL boards which I can't get any documentation on.

https://is.spiap.com/products/intrusion/detecteurs_mouvements_lentille/carte_fin_de_ligne.html

I have a dual PIR ( SN06-ADM-Q12EE-02 ) connected on its own to a zone.

I have six wires going to it :

2 x power
    2 x tamper
    2 x the dual PIR

I used a multi-meter to guess the DIP switch config. I can't find a doc on this anywhere. I have two EOL boards AO-PE01 and AO-PE02. (which to use? difference?) I found for example with the AO-PE02 that the first two dips can set it to 4k7 ohm. I'm guess the second two DIPS also set it to 4k7 ohm? As I see there are multiple resistances in the table below.

http://www.e-linedetector.com/e-line/images/table3.jpg

In the alarm I have configured it as dual 4k7. However I get an alarm that there is a short. I have had to isolate the PIR.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Hi Steve

You only use four wires with dual role wiring

Two for power & the other two are for your circuit / tamper

At your pir make sure you have your jumpers installed for 4k7

On your pir you should see eol marked on pub board
    Wire green into one side of circuit & white into one side of tamper

At your panel wire Green into C & white into your zone

Just check you have your zone programmed for Dual EOL 4K7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hi Steve

You only use four wires with dual role wiring

Two for power & the other two are for your circuit / tamper

At your pir make sure you have your jumpers installed for 4k7

On your pir you should see eol marked on pub board
    Wire green into one side of circuit & white into one side of tamper

At your panel wire Green into C & white into your zone

Just check you have your zone programmed for Dual EOL 4K7

Fantastic thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Can I ask does it matter if I use either the AO-PE01 or the AO-PE02?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I'm an idiot found another small piece of paper with the wiring and DIP switch settings at the bottom of the box. Wired it all up and it read closed tamper.

Restarted the alarm and it came back working prefect. Slightly concerns me , but very happy its working. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

No problem
    Glad it worked out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Fantastic thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Can I ask does it matter if I use either the AO-PE01 or the AO-PE02?

If you are using them pcbs you can set the zone to antimasking to use that function of the pir.

• Advertisement
Advertisement