Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating your own minifigs?

Options
  • 23-04-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

For reasons not fully known to me, I've decided that my new hobby will be collecting Marvel Lego figures. It's easy enough to come by the better known ones, but I want to try and create the greater Marvel universe that has many characters that will never be released.

My two options are to buy the parts and do rough versions of these characters. This isn't hard for some. But others will have distinct costumes.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of painting minifigs or another option I heard was printing decals? Since there will probably be quite a few, it's just too expensive to go to one of those custom websites each time I want a new one, so I was interested in possibly doing it myself.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

humanji wrote: »
    For reasons not fully known to me, I've decided that my new hobby will be collecting Marvel Lego figures. It's easy enough to come by the better known ones, but I want to try and create the greater Marvel universe that has many characters that will never be released.

My two options are to buy the parts and do rough versions of these characters. This isn't hard for some. But others will have distinct costumes.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of painting minifigs or another option I heard was printing decals? Since there will probably be quite a few, it's just too expensive to go to one of those custom websites each time I want a new one, so I was interested in possibly doing it myself.

Anyone have any ideas?

There's a guy here called p.o.s.t.y who makes his own custom stuff so I'd talk to him. I think there was some discussion about it on the thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94319292

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This forum should be of interest to you:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=90

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks guys. That Eurobrick site is exactly what I'm looking for. :)

Advertisement