Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer stopped playing youtube videos.

Options
  • 23-04-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Just in the last hour, youtube videos no longer play on my computer.

Either yesterday or the day before, it was fine - I watched one or two with no problem.

If I click on play, they play for about a second or two, then freeze for a split second, then goes to a black/static screen with the message saying "An error occurred, please try again later. Learn more."

I have checked that I have the latest version of flash, and I do.

I have refreshed firefox, but that didn't work.

I've disabled and uninstalled adblock plus, but that doesn't make a difference.

Funnily enough, the youtube video embedded here plays fine if I watch it on that page, but if I go to the youtube site to watch it, it freezes and crashes.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

osarusan wrote: »
    Hi.

Just in the last hour, youtube videos no longer play on my computer.

Either yesterday or the day before, it was fine - I watched one or two with no problem.

If I click on play, they play for about a second or two, then freeze for a split second, then goes to a black/static screen with the message saying "An error occurred, please try again later. Learn more."

I have checked that I have the latest version of flash, and I do.

I have refreshed firefox, but that didn't work.

I've disabled and uninstalled adblock plus, but that doesn't make a difference.

Funnily enough, the youtube video embedded here plays fine if I watch it on that page, but if I go to the youtube site to watch it, it freezes and crashes.

Any suggestions?

Happened to me not do long ago. I was advised on here to go into YouTube settings and set HTML5 player as default. All well now for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

mordeith wrote: »
    Happened to me not do long ago. I was advised on here to go into YouTube settings and set HTML5 player as default. All well now for me.

Yes!!

That seems to have sorted it.

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement