Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Go, What to Do?

• 23-04-2015 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't been anywhere interesting in years, what are the good cheap destinations these days? Europe or further afield. Dont know if I want to go to Thailand or Asia, I just never see anything that appeals to me besides the beaches and Im usually bored of a beach destination in a day. Any suggestions welcome,

I sit down to plan a holiday and just end up giving up because it all looks like a boring waste of money. Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Hmmmm if you're bored of Thailand after a day there's not much hope, maybe inter-railing? At least that way you'll be constantly on the move and seeing something different all the time. Amtrak have some interesting trips in the US if Europe isn't appealing. Other than that you're not giving us much to go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont know tbh, feel like Ill never go on holiday again sometimes. Do you know any good blogs that recommend stuff for independent holidays, people who like to go ultra cheap? This place is a bit quite these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Maybe it's the ultra cheap thing that's messing you up? Maybe go away for less time but spend more on the accommodation?

Nah I dont care about accommodation really, well not ultra cheap just not pissing money away either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

As mentioned above, you've given very little to go on!

Any hobbies or interests? Going away to a sporting event/music festival could be an option.

Personally ive very little interest in sitting on a beach all day long and loved the few months I spent in Thailand last year. There's more to traditional beach destinations than just the beach. Or at least I hope there is, I'm moving to Tenerife next month!

• Advertisement

I like hiking and forests, I might go to see the fjords in Norway sometime. Or the National Parks in the US, just looking for suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Thargor wrote: »
    I like hiking and forests, I might go to see the fjords in Norway sometime. Or the National Parks in the US, just looking for suggestions.
    Norway and looking for an ultra cheap holiday are not compatible.

Maybe look into eastern europe. Lots of interesting places and its fairly cheap for eating and drinking.
    Transport also for really cheap as is accomodation, although in places like Prague you may need to go a few underground stops outside the tourist area for the bargains0.

Germany too is really really cheap for hostel accomodation outside of the backpacker season, so Feb/ March and October till christmas markets.
    A bed for <10euro even in Munich is normal enough. Over double that in peak season, but a small 1 man tent could also come in handy if you need cheap accomodation during the summer and were happy to camp a little!

Advertisement