Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sign of Efibre in my local area. Efibre cabinet was installed in early February.

Options
  • 23-04-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I've asked numerous times on here when will Efibre be available at my house in Carrick-on-Suir, many areas in town have it yet we are still without it. In early February the new fibre cabinet was installed outside my house yet it's still showing up as not available in my area on the Efibre website. I asked an Eircom engineer when he expected it to be connected & he told me he couldn't say but it's usually within a few weeks of cabinet installation. Could you give me an update on when you expect me to be connected as it's beyond a joke at this stage, we were told originally we would be connected in November 2013.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    I've asked numerous times on here when will Efibre be available at my house in Carrick-on-Suir, many areas in town have it yet we are still without it. In early February the new fibre cabinet was installed outside my house yet it's still showing up as not available in my area on the Efibre website. I asked an Eircom engineer when he expected it to be connected & he told me he couldn't say but it's usually within a few weeks of cabinet installation. Could you give me an update on when you expect me to be connected as it's beyond a joke at this stage, we were told originally we would be connected in November 2013.
    Hi Dunnie1982

I can confirm that your line is connected to the cabinet named COS1_002 - there have been delays in completing the necessary works to enabler this cabinet for efibre and at present there is still no date for launch available. I have contacted network planning and they feel they should have an update on this by July/August timeframe.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

when eircom install cabinets they only seem to activate them in groups once a bunch have been install and connected to an exchange.

Generally they do not seem to activate individual cabinets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

when eircom install cabinets they only seem to activate them in groups once a bunch have been install and connected to an exchange.

Generally they do not seem to activate individual cabinets.
    Hi Sour Lemonz - That generally is the case however in some cases indiviaual cabinets are delayed and enabled individually.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement