Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online Beta opened today

Options
  • 23-04-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Elder Scrolls Online beta went live today i just received my codes for beta testing 39 Gb Download, PS + NOT REQUIRED.

Comments

Elder Scrolls Online beta went live today i just received my codes for beta testing 39 Gb Download, PS + NOT REQUIRED.

So.... How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

So.... How was it?

I played the pc beta a year ago and it was full of bugs and coming from skyrim the only elder scrolls game I have ever played I thought it was really bad. Plus I'm not really a pc gamer.

Then a year on I get a ps4 beta code and there has been serious work done to combat and other gameplay mechanics making the game 100 times better than when I played it first.

Nothing felt strange to me everything felt like skyrim but being a mmo which I also never played before some things I couldnt get my head around. Loved everything the beta offered.
    Pre ordered imperial edition and can't wait for June 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

I played the pc beta a year ago and it was full of bugs and coming from skyrim the only elder scrolls game I have ever played I thought it was really bad. Plus I'm not really a pc gamer.

Then a year on I get a ps4 beta code and there has been serious work done to combat and other gameplay mechanics making the game 100 times better than when I played it first.

Nothing felt strange to me everything felt like skyrim but being a mmo which I also never played before some things I couldnt get my head around. Loved everything the beta offered.
    Pre ordered imperial edition and can't wait for June 9th

Like yourself i really enjoyed it. I found that it worked very well 1 or 2 small issues noting major and to be expected. I enjoyed the missions and the leveling up system also, I per-ordered it and will be pouring many hours into it

Like yourself i really enjoyed it. I found that it worked very well 1 or 2 small issues noting major and to be expected. I enjoyed the missions and the leveling up system also, I per-ordered it and will be pouring many hours into it

Feel free to add me on psn buddy same name as here. We can be noob together.
    Not 100% sure what alliance of faction I'm choosing but I'm sure we'll get a game in.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Feel free to add me on psn buddy same name as here. We can be noob together.
    Not 100% sure what alliance of faction I'm choosing but I'm sure we'll get a game in.

Will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

glad ye like it iv it pre-ordered with ages i loved skyrim, im a noob too for mno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Soooo if i loved skyrim, will i like this?

phill106 wrote: »
    Soooo if i loved skyrim, will i like this?

Not as in story
    But as in atmosphere quests and roaming.
    Getting side tracked all the time
    Forgetting wtf your quest is and what's over that ther Hill Lol.

Then there's the whole mmo side of eso which puts you into a different mind frame of what you want to do or what weapons skills crafting your into.

Mmo is going to be all new to me.
    Pvp pve is something that will be strange to me but sticking with the campaign will be like skyrim for me.

Mighten be a good comparison but it's my only way to describe from what I've played

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Hi,
    Is anyone getting this game next week?
    If so,any plans on creating a boards alliance/guild/clan?
    Thinking of getting it but not really in wrested in random pugs etc

Thibus wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is anyone getting this game next week?
    If so,any plans on creating a boards alliance/guild/clan?
    Thinking of getting it but not really in wrested in random pugs etc

Few more hours and I'll be all over it. I'd be up for a guild alrite not sure if there'll be enough of us thou

• Advertisement

Will pick it up after work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Where is best to get ESO in dublin city centre tomorrow?

Game stop or Smyths, I assume.

Luckily I got the console transfer deal for 15euro so I will be downloading after work later.

Argos has it for 60.
    Am picking up a copy after work this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

I'm in As well won't have it for another few days getting it from Amazon. 45euro after having it preorder for over a year

45 euro.. nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psyconia

Hi -

Anyone know what ye get in the box i..e is there a map or any other worthwhile bits ?
    ...or should I just download this...

Thanks...

I bought the standard edition. Got a code with it for a vanity pet and some other stuff. Haven't managed to log in yet. There is a 15.8gig update to dl before you can play.
    It's all installed and ready to go when I get home from work.
    Apparently there have been server issues, hopefully resolved now though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This has already dropped to €50 delivered on Amazon even with the terrible exchange rate and including Amazon's exchange rate extras.

• Advertisement

I played 5 hours + yesterday with no log in or server issues. Converted well onto the console IMO. And my Veteran level 2 looks outstanding on a big screen

I gave it 2 hours. Was good.
    Looking forward to getting back to it.
    Server seemed fine alright although i put my code in but didn't get the extras I was supposed to get

Advertisement