Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sydney 14th June

Options
  • 23-04-2015 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

We will be in sydney from 14th June for 5 nights so I am looking for advice on what clothes we will need - is it very cold at that time. We were hoping to do a trip to the blue mountains as well so will we need warmer clothes for that? Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

where you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Ireland.

NSW weather stats for last june can be found here: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/201406/html/IDCJDW2124.201406.shtml.

i'd say bring the same clothes you'd wear at home, maybe for a touch colder. i wouldnt expect to be in shorts many days. it might rain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Born and lived in Sydney for many years. The days in June can be cold, but you can also get some really lovely sunny days too, which will be like a good Irish summer day. The Blue Mountains can get chilly then and they do have Christmas in July there each year.

Bring clothes which will cater for cold wet days but be prepared to be surprised by nice warm weather too. The good thing is that the sunny winter days often have low humidity. The only drawback is the days are short then.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Did Christmas in July a few years ago up in the Blue Mounatins and it was freezing. But my freezing and someone's freezing from home may now be very different. After four years, 15 degrees is cold here!

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for all the replies. Getting excited now - it seems as if it will be around 16 degrees or so so nothing too heavy and a fleece for night. Shoes or sandals?

shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

16 degrees here in Sydney feels a lot colder than 16 degrees in Ireland. Be prepared for cool but, nice bright weather. The blue mountains are lovely enjoy that trip. What else are you planning on doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was 12 degrees over this last weekend. And it snowed in Sydney.
    Expect anything in two months time.

My son sent me a video of the rain in Brisbane as well! Ah well will just have to bring a raincoat and jumper and enjoy it anyway. Blue mountains on the list and palm beach as I am an avid home and away fan and then just the sites of Sidney,the harbour, bondi, manley. All suggestions welcome. Will have 5 days there but obviously first day won't do much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement