Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Credit Card Travel Insurance

Options
  • 23-04-2015 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a student credit card that I got about 8 months ago. I was just reading onine about the travel insurance that comes with the card. Is this just for new credit card customers or does it also apply to those who have the card presently? 
    Thanks,
    Bary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Indestructable, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

The travel insurance on the Student Credit card is available to both new and existing customers once they are a resident within the Republic of Ireland. 

The insured person must also maintain a Bank of Ireland student current account for the duration of the Student Credit Card travel Insurance policy. 

You can view more information and the terms and conditions of this insurance here on our website. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Just wonder as a normal BOI account hold do I get insurance for travel if I use it to book flights? I know with Visa Credit card there is some cover.  Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi gar32

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

Just a little unsure of your query. Are you asking if travel insurance is available on your 'Visa Debit Card' that is linked to your bank account. If this is the query, there is no travel insurance on this card type. 

Although, if you have a question or a dispute regarding a transaction on your Visa Debit Card, you can query this by calling BOI Direct or by logging into your account online and using our 'Online Service Desk' facility, choosing the 'Ask A Question' option from the drop down menu. Within this option, you can also submit your travel plans, a representative will be happy to record these on your account. 

BOI Direct can be contacted on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

Another option, for a disputed transaction, you can print and complete the Visa Dispute Form here

We hope the above information helps, if you have any further queries please feel free to get in touch with us. 

Thanks 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

You answered my question "there is no travel insurance on this card type. " 

Many thanks. I will use my other visa to book travel from now on. 

Regards Gary 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cortez22

Hi,
    My daughter is travelling to Canada next week on a working visa and intends to stay there for 11 weeks of the Summer. One of the things that immigration insist on over there is valid travel insurance. 
    She has purchased a Bank of Ireland Credit Card and availed of the travel insurance that comes with it
    Can you advise if this insurance will cover her and meet the requirements, given that she has not been asked to submit the exact dates of travel etc.? Also, what documents can she produce in the airport to prove she is insured?

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Cortez22 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My daughter is travelling to Canada next week on a working visa and intends to stay there for 11 weeks of the Summer. One of the things that immigration insist on over there is valid travel insurance. 
    She has purchased a Bank of Ireland Credit Card and availed of the travel insurance that comes with it
    Can you advise if this insurance will cover her and meet the requirements, given that she has not been asked to submit the exact dates of travel etc.? Also, what documents can she produce in the airport to prove she is insured?

Thanks a million
    Hi Cortez22

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Please see here for the full policy document on a BOI Student Credit Card, your daughter can bring this with her. 

We would always recommend recording travel notice when using card abroad and this can be placed by logging in www.365online.com and select our 'Service Desk' facility, from the drop down menu please select 'Card Travel Notification'. 

If your daughter has any queries while abroad, she can log in online and again select 'Service Desk' facility and from the drop down select 'Ask A Question'. A colleague with account access will be happy to assist. 

Your daughter can also call our Card Team from abroad on 00353567757303.

Hope the information helps! If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement