Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head torches

Options
  • 23-04-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations regarding good head torches that wont cost me a small fortune. Mainly for beach fishing.

I would be open to other suggestions too regarding lamps etc. Just not sure what to get.

Thanks

Ardinn

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

You'd get one cheap enough in your local hardware store maybe?
    Probably not what you're looking for but they sell baseball caps with little led lights on the peak when the fishing gear comes into Aldi and Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AnglingMad

The Energizer Pro Headlight are very good value and importantly waterproof to IPX44, you can get cheaper but they are not waterproof. So bit of sea water/ spray mixed with rain and they are useless

should be able to get them several places apart from amazon, ebay.

What you will also need is a good set of high power rechargables though. Personaly I would always use Panasonic eneloop 900mA. Annasman are also quite good but the cheaper ones are a false economy these last and will be way cheaper over time.

l

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

petzel tikka I have had it for about 10 years now and although it is not water proof it has always worked in the rain for me. I use it for hiking and fishing.

It is good for putting on bait sorting out tangles, distance wise it is ok when the fish is close in you might want something that has a second lamp with a high power beam if you want to see further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Even if it doesnt work it still looks awesome!!!

51g4P-zxEXL._SX300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bazza85g

Nice looking head torch that Ardinn. Where did you get it? Whats the name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭cacs

ardinn wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations regarding good head torches that wont cost me a small fortune. Mainly for beach fishing.

I would be open to other suggestions too regarding lamps etc. Just not sure what to get.

Thanks

Ardinn
    I have been using one for two year the only one is Led Lenser rechargeable cost 80 euro don't buy the cheaper ones

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Led lenser, full stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just an update on this - Think it cost me 14€ delivered!! 2k Lumen - a MONSTER of a headlamp - so much so I can hardly use it on the beach as its just way way way too bright - only downside is its an 8hr battery charge for a 3hr use. But extra batteries sorted that out quick enough.

I have heard of these failing after a while but mine is as good as new - would thoroughly recommend for the price!

Advertisement