Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic & Electric Duo - Live Setup

Options
  • 23-04-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Just wondering what people do in these set ups for sound. No tracks involved

- electric guitar with amp
    - acoustic guitar tru PA

looking to tighten up the sound. i.e. make it more compact. Mic the guitar amp? play direct tru pa via pedals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 feargtown 72

Mic the amp otherwise you get that horrible processed sound off the guitar just keep the guitar amp low I do the same myself and I mic the amp no matter what the size of venue..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cclancy

Hi Moses, yeah, I'd agree with Feargtown. Keep the amplifier at a reasonable level and and mic it. This gives the engineer freedom to keep the levels in check. But more importantly than that the guitar player will know his amp, know his sound and how to get the sound he wants out of his amp and pedals. Then mic it. There is an alternative to micing, if the amp has a line out/DI out, you can take a line from that directly to the PA that does not cut off the speaker in the amp like a headphone out will.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pulse48

wud you guys be interested in jamming with a drummer

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

Pulse48 wrote: »
    wud you guys be interested in jamming with a drummer

Hi we actually jam with a drummer at the moment for a bit of interest (gig as a 2 piece). Looking for a bass player

Advertisement