Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15 Tournament Woolshed Parnell St. Dublin May 1ST

Options
  • 23-04-2015 5:25pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Posting here with the permission of the local mods.

I'm Doom, some of you may know of me as I often run fighting game streams and would be a regular poster on boards.

I'm going to be streaming a FIFA 15 tournament for AsOne gaming in the Woolshed on Parnell Street. So lots of bragging rights if you win as the videos will be on youtube!

This is their first event, if you need information or have questions to ask, I will feed them on to the TO. They're open to suggestions and future changes as they want, specifically, to run good, fun, competitive gaming events.

Here's the ruleset:

-Tournament begins at 8. Doors at 7.30, but it's a nice pub, so feel free to arrive whenever and enjoy a pre game drink!

- This tournament is a 64 player tournament

The rules are as follows
    - You must be on time to play your game and you will be given 15 mins to show up, if you arrive
    anytime after that you will be removed from the tournament immediately
    - All teams are allowed in this tournament as it is our first FIFA tournament (We will be open to
    suggestions after we see how the first tournament goes)
    - Game Settings are 6 minutes a half, in the sun (If it rains then back out and load up again)
    - You are not allowed run the ball from kick off, you must pass the ball backwards and you can't
    attempt to the kick off glitch otherwise it's an auto forfeit and you'll be removed from the tournament
    - Any formation can be used in this tournament (bar custom formations)
    - If the game ends in a draw, you will go straight into penalties and whoever wins the penalty
    shootout wil advance to the next round
    - Rules are subject to change on the night
    - Coaching your friend is encouraged.
    - If you are playing in a match, no interfering with the other player. PLease respect the opponent.
    - No interference with people who are playing tournament matches from spectators.
    - Any action designed to disrupt the opposing Player's view of the field or ability to select controlled players is prohibited.
    - Players are permitted to wear headsets and may listen to music during the tournament.
    - Controllers are supplied. It is the responsibility of all Players to be familiar with the controller’s functions and mode of operation. If a
    controller is defective, a Player can pause the game and notify the referee. The referee will determine the controller status in making
    such a decision. If a Player plays with a defective controller, all results are nevertheless valid.
    - Any regular season teams, as installed with the original game, can be selected. Both Players can select the same team.
    - Players may not select any fictional All-Star teams (e.g Classic 11).
    - Unnecessary pauses or delays are prohibited.
    - Notwithstanding the above, a Player can pause the game to change strategy and/or formation in the event that i) a player of his team is sent off ii) a player of his team is injured.

This tournament consists of a 1 Leg up until the Quarter Finals, so if you are beaten in a match
    before this stage you are out of the tournament
    From the Quarter Finals onwards, there will be 2 legs played, home and away (Away goals rule doesn't
    count). If the aggregate after the 2 legs ends in a draw, you will go straight to penalties to decide
    who goes through to the next round.
    The final will be 2 legs also, but if that match ends in a draw, it will go to ET and then if it is still
    a draw after that it will go to penalties

It's a tenner into the venue (if you just want to watch) and a fiver to play.

There will be a cash prize, and first place will also get a 100 euro voucher for player1.ie (voucher works in store as well as online).

Here's a FB event page if you want to talk to the TO directly:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1568521440077722/

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So the tournament has been held- grats to the top 3.

Here's a video of the final, hope to see ye at the next one...

Whens the next FIFA Tournament?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Whens the next FIFA Tournament?

I'll let you know when it's scheduled. With all the panic over bus strikes, we held off, but I'll ask again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Is there any chance there will be another tournament taking place?

I'd love if this was a regular thing in Dublin.

Advertisement