Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1150 with the most SATA ports?

Options
  • 23-04-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

The super duper x99 build is gone on the very long finger. Current plan is to build a Flexraid server on a Haswell 1150 mobo, Swap my i5 4570S into it from my mitx SFF and add my brothers cast off GTX580 into. So it'll be my interim Flexraid server and browsing, Sketchup and rendering PC for a while. The mitx will get an i3 Haswell and be given to my father who is struggling with an Atom powered minPC for a while.

I want an 1150 mobo with as many SATA ports for the Flexraid server as possible. Ideally an Asrock extreme11 with 22 Sata ports for half the price they sold for when new :D otherwise it be as cheap to get the equivelent x99!

Anyone know where to get cheap extreme 11's? :D

If not the best value 1150 board with the most Sata ports. Don't want to go down the SaS add in card route.

Advertisement