Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), Apr 24-25

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Should be a huge crowd down the cross for the visit of Dundalk, cannot wait ! In a game that could go either way I think city need to win. Not taking points off them cost us big time last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Corresponding fixtures will be the second last week of the season, some big games...Drogheda v Longford, Bray v Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We really need to be beating Sligo tomorrow after a disappointing draw with Drogs on Monday. Rovers aren't great this year and their appointment of Owen Heary suggested this would be the case.

I'd love to watch the Cork -Dundalk match. It should be a cracker in front of a packed house and tv cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

dfx- wrote: »
    Corresponding fixtures will be the second last week of the season, some big games...Drogheda v Longford, Bray v Galway

I think that one in particular will be huge. Having seen Limerick twice recently I feel confident in saying they're going to finish last. I think it'll come down to Galway and Bray battling to avoid the play off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hoping that Bray can grab a win against Galway, forget the misery of Monday night. Pity I live in Cork, but still get to go to the Cork game tomorrow, should be great atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

The City v Dundalk game is kicking off at 7.35, DFX, as it's live on RTÉ.

Absolutely buzzing for it, can't wait. Should be at least 6,000 in the ground, might even sell out if we're lucky. Should be a cracker, hope the football and atmosphere comes across well on the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't make it to Harps this week thankfully, not confident at getting anything up there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's great time to be Cork fan.

When your disappointed with 2-3000 at games midweek, you know things are going right way.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Always a tricky up in Derry, been a while since we've come back with 3 points. We've done well away this season (yet to concede away I think), though goals haven't been flowing freely lately.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We've always been **** in Richmond. Now that we're **** everywhere else at least it won't be a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

wining at home to shels could put us 12pts clear of them... this position feels weird... it has to go wrong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

A trip to Jackman Park definitely qualifies as Old Old Skool. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We've always been **** in Richmond. Now that we're **** everywhere else at least it won't be a surprise.

Nailed on win so :(

It will entertaining thats for sure, we have decided that we no longer wish to defend and focus all of our efforts into attacking.

If Fagan is fit it will be 57-3 if not 2-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Won't make it up to Derry unfortunately. As ScienceNerd pointed out, we've been great on the road.

A draw would be an excellent result given our record in the Brandywell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Working tomorrow so I can't make Markets Field, I might tip down to Cork today though, it has cracker written all over it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Should be a cracker this evening. Is there a better ground for atmosphere in the country than a packed Turner's Cross? Don't think either team have reached the heights of last season yet. The fact Cork are at home means this should be a good game given that they tend to play with the handbrake off when at home. We tend to play the same way home and away so we should have two teams going for each other this evening. Going for a narrow Dundalk win as I think we have the better midfield but it's gonna be close.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Pighead wrote: »
    Should be a cracker this evening. Is there a better ground for atmosphere in the country than a packed Turner's Cross? Don't think either team have reached the heights of last season yet. The fact Cork are at home means this should be a good game given that they tend to play with the handbrake off when at home. We tend to play the same way home and away so we should have two teams going for each other this evening. Going for a narrow Dundalk win as I think we have the better midfield but it's gonna be close.

I'm reading Harry Redknapp's autobiography at the moment, I've just finished where he's on about Southampton and how intimidating the Dell was, he says it was their secret weapon and how nice St. Mary's is but not at all intimidating. Cork and Tallaght are similar size. Tallaght is lovely, a great stadium, best in the league but it lets the noise out where as Turner's Cross is compact, the stands are right on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Over 5300 tickets sold already for tonight, should be a great advert for the league. Hopefully its happens on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Hoping Cork will come out with a win tonight. Wish I could be there. Went to Cork Vs Derry when I was home and the atmosphere was fantastic. As a season ticket holder for two teams in the Bundesliga, I must say I havent enjoyed an atmosphere like the Cross in a long long time.

Cmon Cork!

Dunno why people want games like this on tv, they are always awful games with both sides happy to not lose.

Not a fan TV games in this league, hope tonight is good for the people who dont go to our games....cos thats important......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dunno why people want games like this on tv, they are always awful games with both sides happy to not lose.
    Not true. Last year's TV clash between Dundalk and St Pats at Richmond was a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A rocking packed out Turners Cross will look savage on TV. That's what would make me wanna be a part of it and head along of i'd never been before. Plus Dundalk will have a go im sure. Flying out if the country at 7:30 tonight, raging I'm missing it!

Pighead wrote: »
    Not true. Last year's TV clash between Dundalk and St Pats at Richmond was a cracker.

For the Dundalk fans that were at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Can't make it to Harps this week thankfully, not confident at getting anything up there tbh.

Is there many Shels fans making the trip do you know?7

Annoying that the Cork v Dundalk game is on at the same time as all the other games meaning I won't see it. Never understood RTE's logic.

For any fan going to game at Cross. Tickets are on sale still in SoHo bar in Grand Parade. They still have about 100 or so. If about get one ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm reading Harry Redknapp's autobiography at the moment, I've just finished where he's on about Southampton and how intimidating the Dell was, he says it was their secret weapon and how nice St. Mary's is but not at all intimidating. Cork and Tallaght are similar size. Tallaght is lovely, a great stadium, best in the league but it lets the noise out where as Turner's Cross is compact, the stands are right on the pitch.

That's the problem with the new Lansdowne Road as well compared to the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

anncoates wrote: »
    A trip to Jackman Park definitely qualifies as Old Old Skool. :pac:

At least one of us will enjoy the experience tomorrow. I'd be fairly confident we'll take the 2-0 loss as we did against Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

For any fan going to game at Cross. Tickets are on sale still in SoHo bar in Grand Parade. They still have about 100 or so. If about get one ASAP.

Was gonna head down after work so wouldn't be down until after 6. Are you saying there'll be no tickets available??

tastyt wrote: »
    Was gonna head down after work so wouldn't be down until after 6. Are you saying there'll be no tickets available??

Should be tickets outside the ground too before game.

Was just saying it for people who want avoid que etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Not a fan TV games in this league, hope tonight is good for the people who dont go to our games....cos thats important......

I love the games on TV, because with limerick now playing Saturdays I get two games in a week

You can print one off on ticketmaster, I think they're €13 + €2 booking, so the same price as at the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

You can buy them on Ticketmaster and print off your ticket. The club absorb their handling charge, so it's €15 just like buying direct from the club.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/sse-airtricity-league-cork-city-cork-04-24-2015/event/18004E65DFF341DC?artistid=36065&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741

Edit: What Captain Havoc said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

TV games seem to send players into a freeze for some reason.

The Rovers v Dundalk match was a hugely entertaining game but not on TV, but I suspect this won't be despite Rovers and Cork having similarities in attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The games just hit the gates. The only thing they are good for is recording for yourself when you're at the game.

The idea that they're a 'good advert for the league' and are somehow going to convert thousands of barstoolers is a fantasy.

Tonight will more than likely be cagey.

looks like a full house at turners

• Advertisement

looks like a full house at turners

Have ticket, there's about 100 of us outside, including season ticket holders who are not being allowed in because it's full to capacity. Great to see the problem but I'm pissed off as I've driven down from kk

Have ticket, there's about 100 of us outside, including season ticket holders who are not being allowed in because it's full to capacity. Great to see the problem but I'm pissed off as I've driven down from kk

Disgrace that season ticket holders in fairness, completly unacceptable

Got in after 25 mins but nobody tell health and safety. Sitting on a grass bank with a decent view.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nice finish from Towell. Poor keeping to give him the chance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

First City match i've got to watch in a long time. Every time i've been home they've either been playing away that week or not at all. Curse of being a fan in exile i guess.

Great to see the Cross packed out though. Love the atmosphere there when it's like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Delighted with the three points. Cmon the Town. Five in two games for Towell : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Richie Towell deserves an international call up imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Great advertisement for there league, a lot of quality players on the show.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Richie Towell deserves an international call up imo.

He has be a better player than the likes of Paul Green? Surly?! (I know he doesn't get picked anymore but just for setting the standard of previous call ups)

That was a great game. As a Cork fan, I think Dundalk deserved the win but also Cork should have snagged a draw in the end.

Great for the sport and for the LOI. Towell is a great player and Miller, even though has gone past his prime just always shows his class above the rest... those quick man, those quick feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

justshane wrote: »
    He has be a better player than the likes of Paul Green? Surly?! (I know he doesn't get picked anymore but just for setting the standard of previous call ups)
    I was at the Rovers vs Dundalk. Apart from his techinical quality his work rate is immense. Deserves a call up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Poo from city tonight. Thought we should have got amongst them more, stood off them too much, especially for the pen, 2 defenders moving away from him instead if 1 to tackle and 1 to cover. That chance at the end, thought it had crept in, disappointing.
    Savage crowd pity we didn't play better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

7 nil, can't believe we lost to them at the start of the season. Playing on an actual football pitch helped.

That was a great game. As a Cork fan, I think Dundalk deserved the win but also Cork should have snagged a draw in the end.

Great for the sport and for the LOI. Towell is a great player and Miller, even though has gone past his prime just always shows his class above the rest... those quick man, those quick feet.

I thought Dundalk just edged it but had a feeling Cork would snatch an equalizer. I don't think Miller was a class above any of Dundalks midfield tonight though? He played well but I thought Dundalks midfield 3 played better.

justshane wrote: »
    I thought Dundalk just edged it but had a feeling Cork would snatch an equalizer. I don't think Miller was a class above any of Dundalks midfield tonight though? He played well but I thought Dundalks midfield 3 played better.
    Sorry I worded the part about Miller wrong.

By no means was he the best on the pitch tonight. I mean in general, LOI standards of football, Miller generally stands out with the quick thinking feet and head movements.. The kind of football you play at Celtic and Man Utd for instance.

He played a stormer against Derry 3 weeks ago and then he was the best on the pitch.

Dundalk deserved it.. they will be hard to beat. I do think Cork are the only ones who can do it though, dont think Rovers are strong enough for the task.

• Advertisement
Advertisement