Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax question

Options
  • 23-04-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of taxes and have almost everything sorted out, bar one small thing. I worked for Plan Canada for a few weeks over summer (believe me, I hated it more than you) and got paid a few hundred. I kept the receipts and have it all straight, but they never sent me a T4.

It took me a fair few phone calls but I finally got through to someone to ask about it. She said they don't do T4's, but something called a T5 or a T-a (she used both). I haven't been able to get back in touch with her, since she's out of the office so much, so I'm a little in the dark.

I have all my paperwork, the amounts of money, time worked, all that, just not sure how to put it down. I also have another issue, I moved here in 2013, but renewed my visa in 2014 (1 year IEC to two year IEC), one of the questions on the form is about my immigration status, did I immigrate to Canada in 2014. I renewed my visa, but I never left the country. How do I mark that?

Any help or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm pretty sure they have to provide a T-4. It's like your P45, they can't not give you one.

Advertisement