Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed a long time ago - waiting for contracts from vendors solicitor

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Congrats Ben.Schlomo

35 weeks and counting here with no end in sight

Beginning to think the house might be unsellable due to probate issues
    Doesn't help either that the vendor's solicitor doesn't seem to want to do any work

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Anyone know how this ended up for OP.
    I fear we are in similar position.went sale agreed 4 weeks ago and vendors Solictor is not pulling their wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

steps_3314 wrote: »
    I fear we are in similar position.went sale agreed 4 weeks ago and vendors Solictor is not pulling their wait.

Thats pretty common and usually at the behest of the vendor. The only thing you can do is keep looking even once sale agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Yep, it's not a good time of year for it. I thought I was ready to go , quizzed solicitor on their holiday plans, postponed mine and now my broker is awol and my backup plan for mortgage is dragging their heels. It's only 4 weeks so far but just hoping the vendor doesn't get fed up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

steps_3314 wrote: »

See my post above for our experience, four weeks is still very early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement