Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Abroad in Nice, France

Options
  • 23-04-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all ,

Just looking for any info or guidance anyone can share.

I'm flying to Nice for the summer , but do not have a job or accommodation or anything like that sorted.

I'm wondering:

1)How easy is it get a job there?
    2) How high does your level of French need to be?
    3) I've heard its a very touristy destination - do places value and want fluent english speakers?
    4) What type of work would be most suitable? Im thinking along the lines of hostel work , barwork , retail ( if i have the french for it)

Any clarification or advice anyone has would be great. Thanks a bunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

If you don't speak French, then look at the expat bars. Do you have bar experience? If so, check out Ma Nolans on the web. Forward on a CV and follow up with a phone call. When I was there, they used to look for bar staff for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobtee

I'm doing the same thing as well this summer should arrive around the second week of June. Do you need social security number etc set up and where can I do it.

Advertisement