Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Will The Current Gen Consoles Last?

Options
  • 23-04-2015 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

Last gen consoles lasted approximately 8 years which was ridiculous to say the least. The thing is - the 360 and PS3 weren't too bad for their day. Contrast that with today's gen - the XBO and PS4 are pathetically underpowered, even at launch they were so far behind the times and nearly two years on....they're even more so.

How long do you think this gen will last?

I think Microsoft will blink first. The numbers released today show that the PS4 has sold more units than the XBO and 360 combined since January. I know Microsoft can't abandon the XBO at this point and they can thank their lucky stars that Don Mattrick has moved on because Phil Spencer seems to be a gamer at heart but if this keeps up I think Microsoft will release a new piece of hardware in 2017.

So this gen will last only half the time last gen lasted....

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

These sort of Xbox vs PS4 threads are not allowed based on past experiences, they just turn into bickering.

If you would like to speculate or enquire about the past, present or future of a particular console, please do so in the dedicated formats forums. Just be aware the local mods will have zero tolerance for any 'Xbox vs PS4' nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement