Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi MiBand

• 23-04-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭

Anyone using one of these with their WP? Given that they're so cheap I picked one up and am using the beta app for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately all it can do so far is step count, but sleep tracking is on the way. I'm hoping someone can help with a question. I emailed the developer about other features for future and got the reply below. How come a Bluetooth headset or car kit has no problem notifying you of texts or calls but the band can't do the same?

Hello,
    Thank you for your interest.
    Right now practical features are alarma and steps/distance daily tracking.
    Sleep tracking is almost done, finishing the UI.
    Notifications are not possible at least until Windows 10, since Microsoft restricts accessory APIs to OEMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That's massively cheap compared to the others, I'd love the Microsoft one but it's a bit out of budget for now, this could be a good alternative in the mean time even if it's just for tracking steps etc.

Presume it'll still track if you leave your phone on a desk and walk off somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Presume it'll still track if you leave your phone on a desk and walk off somewhere?
    I dunno for sure, but am fairly certain it still works. It's not by any means always connected to the phone and I think it only seems to sync when you open the app. Battery life is also fantastic. Just checked now and mine is 78% with it having been charged 18 days ago. Maybe now once they guy gets sleep tracking set up it'll eat battery a bit faster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Where did you lads source them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

godtabh wrote: »
    Where did you lads source them?
    DealExtreme. I used their European warehouse site to get quicker delivery but it still took >2 weeks. Think it was around € 20.

Advertisement