Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres for my car

• 24-04-2015 12:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭

As the title says, i`m looking for a good price on tyres for my car in or around limerick city.
    If anyone can help this would be great, thanks.

225/50 R18`s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

*Mod Note* Help or keep off the thread. Dont be an ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    As the title says, i`m looking for a good price on tyres for my car in or around limerick city.
    If anyone can help this would be great, thanks.

225/50 R18`s

I had to call around lately and found the guys at ballysimon tyres the cheapest. Decky up at champion tyres off st Patricks road worry a shout too. Google will provide the digits.

I don't want a lecture on 'tyre quality' - I drive a short distance daily and have always used a cheaper brand. Plus - I'm still here... And have never crashed a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm no good to ya op, don't have 18s. My experience of ringing around is that you will be offered chinese ditchfinders no matter how heavy/powerful/sporty the car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Thanks so much hooked, I'm passing there this morning and I'll call onto them. Thanks again

And thank you special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is not a very common size tyre so alot of tyre centres probably don't stock them due to little or no demand. I find that when it comes to large or uncommon size tyres the best options and prices are from buying online. These Falken's are probably the cheapest in that size of the decent budget brands:
    http://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/falken-ze-912-225-50-r18-95-w#90303868

or if you are happy to go premium then these:
    http://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/yokohama-advan-sport-v103-225-50-r18-95-w-kz#89815652

You will then need to find a tyre centre that will fit tyres you didn't buy from the them (not all of them will) and allow a further €40 or €50 for fitting, balancing, new valves and disposing of your old tyres.

Remember anything decent in that size is going to cost money but as said be prepared to be offered cheap unheard of brands that just about fit the criteria of being round and made of rubber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Thomand Tyres are the cheapest and most honest guys in Limerick, they are based in Thomandgate behind Fredas chipper, just passed them on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I use victory on Lelia street never had a problem. My mate swears by Brendan Walsh in Roxboro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

+1 for Brendan Walsh, I've been dealing with him for 20 years or more in Mid West and his own place, top bloke, very knowledgeable and always a great price and after sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

+1 for james in thomond tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Victory Tyres gets my vote too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I use Champion Tyres on St. Patricks road. Always get a good price from Declan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

+ 1 for Victory tyres. They will not rip you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The fella just up by the Parkway is bang on, will give him some props!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Parkway and Hanover Tyres always had anything I needed.

Advertisement