Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat shelves

• 24-04-2015 7:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I'm entranced by some of the set-ups here. Has anyone here installed these in your home? Where did you get the shelving and was it specifically cat-designed or did you just throw together some Ikea shelves?

Pics would be great if people have them!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

A lot of the special once are ridiculous expensive (talking $100+ per shelf and that's before shipping if they even ship to Ireland!) as I was looking up exactly the same thing previously. Your best bet would be either Ikea shelves (make sure they can handle 30kg rather then 15kg as cats will jump up and down on them adding to the pressure) and add on anti slip material or finding a local wood worker who can create something custom for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'd agree with Nody. You could get shelves and do it yourself an awful lot cheaper. Some off cuts of carpet or carpet tiles glued to the shelves would be ideal. Anything I've seen for sale online has been extortionately expensive.

Advertisement