Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC window companies - West Mayo - Recommendations?

Options
  • 24-04-2015 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, looking help with replacing our old wooden windows with new PVC.

I haven't a clue about PVC. Live in Mulranny area Mayo. Our house is a bit exposed to the elements.

Could or would anyone comment on best windows for the Mayo weather?
    Our house faces due south but we've windows on all sides.

Is there any point putting in a wooden door with pvc windows or should door be pvc too?

If anyone has ideas for reasonable window companies in the area, that would be very helpful. I had one quote which was telephone numbers (name withheld)

I've 10 windows and 3 doors to replace, one of which is a glass sliding door.

thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Hi, looking help with replacing our old wooden windows with new PVC.

I haven't a clue about PVC. Live in Mulranny area Mayo. Our house is a bit exposed to the elements.

Could or would anyone comment on best windows for the Mayo weather?
    Our house faces due south but we've windows on all sides.

Is there any point putting in a wooden door with pvc windows or should door be pvc too?

If anyone has ideas for reasonable window companies in the area, that would be very helpful. I had one quote which was telephone numbers (name withheld)

I've 10 windows and 3 doors to replace, one of which is a glass sliding door.

thanking you

I can't advise on the windows companies as our windows and doors were put in 10 yrs ago. We do however have a wooden front door facing south and it leaks water in the recessed panels. Looks nice but I've had to seal it a few times over the years, although at present it's ok. A PVC door certainly will be better in the elements and won't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Grady joinery in Charlestown

No connection,

Ive used them for my new build 5 yrs ago,
    Then my sister used them 1 yr later

Then in 2012 my mother used them to replace her single glazed teak windows,
    There refit was neat and tidy, 3 days they were all done.

We all used pvc. Easy to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Gradys, seasonmaster.

Dont put in a timber door. You are south facing so it'll swell and contract a lot and you are exposed so that'll make it even worse. You probably wont be able to open it in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Advertisement