Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - add multiple data labels

Options
  • 24-04-2015 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Folks,

Would anyone know how to add multiple data labels if possible?
    I created a bar chart and wanted to put the exact figures on the top and the % on the bottom of each bar but I can only achieve this by adding a data label for the exact amounts on top and creating text boxes on the bottom for the %.

Creating text boxes for the % is extremely tedious and I am hoping there is a better way of doing this. I don't however, see an option for multiple data labels.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Can you add the same data series again, with the different labels, and then format the new series to be invisible, so you will only see the new data labels??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 skits08

I'm not sure how to do this....I can't seem to add an attachment to this post either to show you the chart...

If you make your bar chart as normal. Then do it a second time,on the the same chart (Add a second series).....Maybe make the second one a line chart, so you can easily see it.

If you then right click (i am going by memory) on the line chart, you can format it ....make it invisible or white, if you have a white background....you can delete the series names as normal, so they are hidden. It should work.

Maybe this will help??

Or possibly I have taken you up wrong completely :):)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22557385/boards_excel.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20 skits08

Perfecto!!!!!

Thanks so much Marcus

• Advertisement
Advertisement