Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avoid <SNIP> - beware - my nightmare

Options
  • 24-04-2015 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I had my first rhinoplasty about 16 years ago which I was very happy with until I broke my nose a few years ago. I had revisionary rhinoplasty just over 3 months ago which I booked through <SNIP> and which was carried out by <SNIP> of the <SNIP> Clinic. When I took the cast off I was initially very happy with the result,, but in the following days it started to look a bit crooked and swollen on one side and still does. I have sent the pictures to Dr. <SNIP> who tells me that this is swelling which will eventually go down, The swelling can last a long time because it was my second rhinoplasty. At the moment my nose looks more crooked than it did before despite the expense,trauma and stress of the operation. I'm very unhappy with the information provided to me by <SNIP> and my contact there <SNIP> before I booked the procedure and went to Prague. The first thing Dr. <SNIP> said to me when I got to Prague was about how difficult secondary rhinoplasties were and how he couldn't guarantee it would look straight after the operation. But this was the first time I'd heard this - in PRAGUE, after I'd already spent lots of money on the deposit, flights and hotel, so I felt it was too late to back out. I was assured in the first email that my photos and situation would be professionally evaluated online but over the course of 20 or 30 emails with <SNIP> before I came to Prague there was never any mention of the difficulty of secondary rhinoplasty, which means that either my details were not professionally evaluated or all of the information was not passed on from doctor to patient through the agent. People's future happiness can be at stake when they undertake a cosmetic procedure - they deserve to be told all the relevant information.

My advice - leave out the booking agents and book directly with the hospital. The booking agents make their living on commission and in my experience are very selective(to put it politely) about the information they tell you. <SNIP> from <SNIP> has repeatedly ignored my requests for an explanation of why i wasn't told the information or dr. <SNIP> honest evaluation before i came to prague.

Advertisement