Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of living while working in Letterkenny

Options
  • 24-04-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello!

A small question. Say in Letterkenny if you are earning 2300 euros per month after deduction of taxes and you have to put 1300 euros aside from it for some personal investment every month, how comfortably can you live on remaining 1000 euros? If 1000 euros will not be enough what portion will be enough to live a comfortable life?

Thanks & regards,
    Deb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

hi smartstorm, youd be better off posting this in the donegal forum

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs - new charter applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Depends on personal circumstances and needs - do you have a family or dependents? Have/Need a car? What constitutes a 'comfortable life'?

You could get your own apartment for under €400 a month, a room share for substantially less, and possibly a house for a little more. Cost of living is less than other big towns further south in the country.
    I'd say €1000 would be more than enough in LK if you've just yourself to look after

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smartstorm

retalivity wrote: »
    Depends on personal circumstances and needs - do you have a family or dependents? Have/Need a car? What constitutes a 'comfortable life'?

You could get your own apartment for under €400 a month, a room share for substantially less, and possibly a house for a little more. Cost of living is less than other big towns further south in the country.
    I'd say €1000 would be more than enough in LK if you've just yourself to look after

Thanks a lot for the info. No I will be staying single

Advertisement